When your day starts off badly or with negative energy, you have a choice to change the channel to positivity and good thoughts. Happiness and positivity is a choice!
Divas if you live in the Atlanta area and looking for an all natural day spa featuring vegan pedicures and manicures; homemade body scrubs made with all natural and organic ingredients and a gorgeous and relaxed atmosphere with good vibes, then you have to visit Iwi Fresh Garden Day Spa located in Castleberry Hill.
Iwi Fresh Garden Day Spa is one of my favorite luxe places to visit. Luxe baby and I just love perusing all the fabulous body scrubs! Plus Iwi Fresh is always hosting or having a special event for customers.
For example, every Saturday Iwi Fresh hosts Mimosa Saturdays. All you have to do is book a vegan pedicure, manicure, facial or massage and you and a friend can enjoy Mango Mimosas while you receive your service. So luxe! I can’t wait to go there this Saturday for some much needed pampering.
Iwi Fresh is located at:
iwi fresh Garden Day Spa
341 Nelson St,
Atlanta Ga 30313
Be sure to call the number above to book your appointment!
I hope to see you there!
Whatever your dreams or goals are for this year, just go for it! You have nothing to lose!
After Christmas I had the opportunity to visit Callaway Gardens. Callaway Gardens is located about 90 miles south of Atlanta and is a top outdoor nature preserve featuring lush gardens, trails, a butterfly conservatory, birds of prey exhibits, zip lining, comfortable lodging and so much more.
Callaway Gardens offers several lodging options based on your needs or budget. There is the Mountain Creek Inn (for 2 or small families), The Southern Pine Cottages (for families of 4-5), The Mountain Creek Villas and Vacation Homes, (for large families and gatherings) and the ultra luxurious The Lodge and Spa. Because I was a party of two, we stayed at the comfy and affordable Mountain Creek Inn.
The Mountain Creek Inn rooms have super comfy beds, free wi-fi, swimming pool and a fitness center. The Mountain Creek Inn also has two restaurants on site: The Plant Room and the Vineyard Green. Both offer breakfast, lunch and dinner and the Vineyard Green also offers live entertainment at night.
Our first full day at Callaway Gardens featured a trip to the AMAZING Butterfly Conservatory and the Birds of Prey presentation.
The Butterfly Conservatory was the most beautiful and peaceful place at Callaway Gardens. We were able to witness butterflies leaving their cocoons and spreading their beautiful wings to take flight. We saw butterflies in various sizes and with the most beautiful colors you can imagine. The Butterfly Conservatory also had waterfalls, pools of water with fish and benches where you can just sit, relax and soak in the beauty of your surroundings.
We then ventured over to see the Birds of Prey Exhibit.
The Birds of Prey Exhibit featured a live presentation of various birds of prey. We saw several types of Owls and a Hawk. The presenter educated us on each species and allowed us to see the birds up close and personal. The birds even took flight during the presentation! It was amazing!
On Our second night at Callaway Gardens, we saw the famous Fantasy In Lights! This amazing display of lights in various colors and themes is the most spectaculur display of lights I have ever seen. The Fantasy in Lights attraction has over 8 million light bulbs and 15 scenes. Guests take an one hour trolley ride through the Gardens at night witnessing this display. The trolley ride features a guide giving a history lesson on Callaway Gardens and the Fantasy in Lights display while also playing holiday songs. Guests were encouraged to sing a long and we did. So much fun!
Callaway Gardens is an amazing place to visit during the Holidays! Fantasy in Lights is so magical for kids and adults too! The Birds of Prey exhibit and the Butterfly Conservatory are also attractions, regardless of age, the entire family can enjoy. More importantly Callaway Gardens is an affordable vacation option. Regardless of budget, the whole family can enjoy all that Callaway Gardens has to offer.
I am so looking forward to going back!
Disclaimer: Callaway Gardens provided a one night stay at the Mountain Creek Inn. However, all opinions are mine.
Happy New Year!
I am so excited about 2016!
Last year was a great year for me! I travelled to 3 countries, slightly conquered my fear of flying, and swam in the Mediterranean Ocean…and I am a non-swimmer.
Every New Year, I share my top five resolutions for the year. Usually I accomplish at least 2-3 and I think that is a great track record!
I have learned a lot over the past year, but I still have a lot of growth and work to do. So without further ado, here are my 2016 resolutions!
1. Set boundaries. I am kind reasonable and very considerate of other people’s feelings. Before I take an action or make a statement, I always ask myself “how is this going to affect the person I care about.” I usually consider others before I even consider myself. But what I have learned is a lot of times people do not reciprocate and can be selfish. I am not going to change who I am because it makes me unique and I love that part of me. But this year, selfish and inconsiderate people will take a back seat in my life. Setting boundaries does not mean you love people less. It means you love yourself more.
2. Continue to work on my finances and a budget. I am not good at this and yes I am getting professional help. But I need to be more disciplined in this area. I want to set good examples for my kids so they can be financially healthy as adults.
3. Last year I traveled to 3 countries. This year I want to travel to 5 more countries and visit 2 continents.
4. Put the necessary tools in place by first quarter that will allow Luxetipsmag.com to become a global lifestyle destination and my full time job!
5. Continue to let Go and Trust God. It worked for me in 2015. When I get super stressed, upset or unsure, I simply say “God your will, not mine.” and everything always falls into place.
Wishing you all much love and success in 2016!
Merry Christmas Eve!
The Winner of the Roberta Roller Rabbit Dream Catcher earrings is…
Congrats Ann! Please contact me via email to claim your prize.
Thanks to all who entered and participated in the giveaways!
Check back next week for more fun and surprises before the New Year!
Are you Divas ready for Christmas???!!! I am! It is only 2 days away!
If you are looking for a cool and unique gift for yourself or a loved one, you have to enter our next contest to win these gorgeous Roberta Roller Rabbit Dream Catcher earrings.
Roberta Roller Rabbit features beautiful prints and vibrant colors on clothing, jewelry, bedding (my fav) accessories and chic collectible gifts.
So Divas you know the drill! Leave a comment on this post and you are automatically entered into the contest. The contest will end at 12 midnight tonight and a winner will be announced on Christmas Eve morning!
The winner of the Rigby & Peller US $50 gift card is….
Please contact me via email to claim your prize.
Thanks to everyone who entered the contest. Please check back later today for our next giveaway!
I am so excited because today is the kickoff of our 12 Days of Luxetips Before Christmas giveaways!
First up is a $50 gift card from my absolute favorite luxe lingerie shop, Rigby & Peller US.
I loooove Rigby & Peller US because the bra band sizes goes as low as 30 and cup sizes go as large as K, so these bras fit just about everyone. Even if you have a large bust, you can still get a sexy lace, sheer or colorful bra in your size at Rigby & Peller US. Lastly, when you go to shop at Rigby & Peller US, you will get a personal styling session with your own stylist! Done and done. 🙂
With this $50 gift card, the winner will be able to purchase a bra or use it towards the purchase of a more luxurious item!
So here we go! All you have to do is post a comment in this post and you are entered. You have until 12 noon tomorrow to enter and a winner will be announced then!
You only have one life to live. Live the best life possible!
Last week I had the privilege of attending a super swanky exclusive event presented by Seagram’s Ginger Ale: The Art of the Mix
The Art of the Mix featured Atlanta’s most famous mixologists creating festive libations featuring Seagram’s Ginger Ale. Guests had an opportunity to taste each creation and vote on the winning cocktail via their smart phones. Fabulous!
The mixologists! From left to right: Mike, Navarro Carr, Tokiwa and Micheal Charles Givens
There was light bites, a fab DJ, Seagram’s photo booth, beautiful people and delicious cocktails of course.
Check it out!
The Seagram’s/Uptown Magazine Step and Repeat!
Gorgeous guests enjoying the party!
The mixologists in action!
Seagram’s/Uptown Magazine photo booth! Fun!
I tasted all the libations created by each mixologist and they were creative and delicious! The addition of Seagram’s ginger ale added a crisp and refreshing twist to each cocktail. If you don’t know, ginger ale is a perfect mixer for cocktails! It adds just the right amount of bubbly refreshment!
The Winner of the Mixologist contest was Navarro Carr.
Trust God and watch everything fall into place.
This past Sunday, I had the pleasure of hosting another Step and Repeat Boutique #CocktailsandConsignment event at my favorite luxe foot massage wellness center, Tired Soles.
This event featured all things luxe in high end consignment items, food, cocktails, music and good peeps!
Check out it out!
Luxe foot massages were given by Tired Soles!
Of course we were all there to shop and as I have said, Step & Repeat Boutique has the good stuff!
Also all guests left with these fabulous gift boxes.
The boxes included luxe items from our fabulous Step & Repeat Boutique #cocktailsandconsignment holiday event.
A list of our fabulous sponsors are as follows:
|Generic Clothing – Giftbox sponsor. Hats
|Nichole Solomon Photography
|Forever Nail Files – Giftbox sponsor
|Happy Juice Express – Liquor sponsor
|Thermal Hair Care – Giveaway sponsor
|Lisa Buford – Concrete Rose Book. Giveaway Sponsor
| Stamped PR-Anisa Green
|Swagger Magazine – Giftbox sponsor
|Carol’s Daughter – gift box sponsor
|Key socks – gift box sponsor
|Kash Automotive Group – gift box sponsor
|Blush Style Bar – Vendor/Giftbox sponsor
|Kosi Naturals – Giveaway sponsor
|DJ Glam – DJ
Boozhee – Vendor
|Beverly Vercher – Giftbox sponsor
|Heavenly Faces by Hunni B – Vendor/giftbox sponsor
|Amelie Artistry – giftbox sponsor
|Aroma By Fire – vendor/giftbox sponsor
|Treats by Teresa – gift box sponsor
|Livy Lacquer -vendor/giveaway sponsor
|Bedroom Kandi by Michelle – vendor/giveaway sponsor
|Pure Essentials – Vendor/giveaway sponsor
|Shugga Kravins – Sweet Treats Table sponsor
Pictures with our sponsors!
In addition, Step and Repeat Boutique gifted Reel Beauty, Inc, the featured charity for this event, a check for $1000.00! This organization’s mission is to provide proven self-esteem workshops that will assist young women to become productive citizens within their environment as they re-discover their beauty inside and out. Fabulous!
Be sure to visit Step and Repeat Boutique if you are looking for luxury high end consignment items. All items are in great condition, you get a high percentage of profits once sold, and the process is seamless! Check out my review of the service here.
This holiday season simply give and show love. Tell someone you love them and that you care for them and thinking about them. It may be the greatest gift they ever receive.
For my Luxetips Diva loyalists, you know the deal. I will list my top products that wowed me this year and within the next days before Christmas, we will give away some of the products each day. This is a great way to get a treat for yourself or a loved one.
So without further ado, here is my Best of 2015 List!
1. Jord Wood Watches. I love Jord Wood Watches! They are luxurious, eco-friendly and affordable. It is the one watch I have that gets the most compliments. Love it!
2. Roberta Roller Rabbit Collection. This brand features beautiful prints and vibrant colors on clothing, bedding (my fav) accessories and chic collectible gifts.
3. Rigby & Peller Us Lingerie. Rigby & Peller Lingerie Stylists London (yes all the way from the UK!) features high-end luxury lingerie for women of all sizes. The band size goes as low as 30 and cup sizes go as large as K. Plus the lingerie is simply gorgeous. Swoon!
4. Liquido Active Wear. Divas these are my absolute favorite work out pants. They are cute, sexy and oh so comfy. I can do yoga, run, and squats with comfort and ease.
5. Weekend Society. These sportswear brand is based out of Los Angeles and has high quality cotton shirts, sweatshirts and hoodies. I have this Moon Crop Top and the cotton is super soft and the shirt is very fashionable and cute. I always get so many compliments on the shirt when I wear it.
6. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel™ Top Coat Nail Polish. Miracle Gel™ Top Coat – adding to the award-winning Sally Hansen Miracle Gel collection: the most buzzed about at-home nail system and the closest thing to a salon gel manicure at home. When partnered with the Miracle Gel™ shades, Miracle Gel™ Top Coat volumizes as it protects. The Top Coat formula delivers 2x the volume to your manicure – creating dramatically fuller-looking nails with a high-gloss, mirror shine finish.
I have tried this system and it is fabulous and lasts!
7. Smokey Suedes Eye Palette by Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London.
This palette is so luxe! It features 9 suede textured eyeshadows ranging in color from a staple bone and rich aubergine to a deep brown and universal grey!
8. Sisley Paris Mascara So Intense. So intense is a volumizing and fortifying mascara. The unique formula (enriched with vitamin-rich peptides) works to lengthen and thicken your natural eyelashes in just two weeks. Its ultra-pure, double-coated pigments provide long wear and intense color. Its innovative comb brush perfectly distributes, covering and separating lashes for an ultra-voluminous effect.
I received this mascara as a gift when I visited the Vanity Fair Social Club at the Vanity Fair Magazine/Lincoln event. This mascara is AMAZING! I have the most beautiful long lashes ever. It is a must try.
9. Step & Repeat Boutique Luxury Consignment. Step & Repeat Boutique sells 100% authentic, pre-owned, new and gently used luxury and brand name items.
And divas they have the good stuff: Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Gucci and more!
10. Accell Home or Away Dual USB Charging Kit with International Plug Adapters.
For the international traveller, this power kit is a must! This kit is especially designed to provide high-speed dual USB charging for smartphones, tablets or other mobile devices during international travel. It is fitted with a folding 2-prong USA style plug that accepts the included European, United Kingdom or Australian snap-on plug adapters. Fab!
Be sure to check back here next week to see which of these items we will give away before Christmas!