I have been wearing a new scent that I am just in LOVE with. L, a LAMB (Love, Angel, Music, Baby) frangrance by Gwen Stefani is amazing! It has a citrus scent with a hint of musk. It is flirty but so downright sexy! It is not too heavy and not too sweet. It is perfect. It is a great summer fragrance! I usually do not advocate celebrity frangrances and I am a Chanel girl through and through, but L is definitely worth a try. And as an added bonus, the packing is just divine! You can purchase it here or at Sephora or Sephora.com
I hope your life is just fab! A girlfriend of mine, who is a fab person, mom, educator and woman extraordinaire, had the following question:
When I go out to run errands, usually I wear sweats and sneakers. What can I do to enhance this outfit so that I don’t feel so frumpy?
1. My first suggestion is to accesorize, accesorize, accesorize. A great handbag and funky earrings or bracelets can dress up any outfit. I always notice a great bag regardless of what a woman may have on. If I am wearing sneakers and sweats, I always wear my fab dangling gold earrings. I instantly feel cute and my outfit looks different.
2. Wear a cute graphic or form fitting tee with jeans or sweats. Instead of wearing the standard large tee that hangs off of your body, with jeans or sweats, wear a cute tee. Target has tons of cool graphic tees and Mossimo form fitting tees that range in price from $6.99 to $9.99. What a great deal! I have the cutest Sesame Street soft tee I purchased at Target for $7 that I wear with jeans when running errands. This tee with sweats, my gold earrings, and staple bag are instant mood boosters!
3. Wear cute shoes. When wearing sweats, I prefer to wear sneakers or Uggs. However, I have seen women wearing flip flops with sweats (with manicured toes of course) and I thought it was cute. But if you have on jeans, I suggest wearing flip flops, (summer or spring) or cute flats (fall or winter). Target has the cutest designer flats in black, gold, silver, and other colors for only $14.99. Check it out here at Target.com.
3. Wear some make-up. Of course I LOOOVE make-up! When I leave the house I at least wear lip gloss. Sometimes when running a quick errand, we don’t think make-up is necessary. However, a little lip gloss and maybe a touch of bronzer or blush and you will instantly have a glow. People will wonder about your radiant look and you will feel truly fabulous!
Remember Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 11th and I found some really cool gifts ideas that are a steal! Check them out and Happy Mother’s Day!
Pouchee Purse Organizer. Ooooh I love this organizer. This organizer was created for the woman who changes bags frequently. Isn’t that every fashionista? We have all had this problem, we change bags but somehow forget essential items in the recently used bags, i.e., favorite lip gloss, wallet, keys. This organizer holds all of your essential items and you simply drop it in your bag with each bag change. The bonus is that these organizers come in tons of cool funky colors and designs. Champagne Taste, a handbag and accessory boutique located in East Atlanta, is offering a sweet Mother’s Day deal on Pouchee Organizers..buy one and get the second half off. The organizers sell for only $28.00 for leather and $25.00 for cloth. You can buy an organizer for yourself, mom, sister, aunt, etc. Grab them while supplies last!
Two dozen roses at Whole Foods. Whole Foods is selling two dozen roses for only $17.99 They sell them in several cute colors like yellow, pink, red, peach, purple….They will also wrap them in VERY NICE floral paper, baby’s breath, and a satin ribbon for free! Visit your nearest Whole Foods for this awesome deal.
Clinique’s Perfectly Happy Duo Clinique has created a very cool and pretty fragrance/lip gloss combo with this set. This set includes two dual-ended Clinique Happy Perfume Rollerball/Full Potential Lips Plump and Shine in Peach Plump and Pink Champagne in an orange floral box. 0.15 oz. each. This set is only $25.00. You can purchase it at Nordstrom or Sephora.
I love summer and oh how I love a great blush! I love blushes that give your face a healthy glow with a little hint of color. Boy a good blush can light up any girl’s face. My new favorite blush is Nars Blush in Luster. It is a pretty sheer gold apricot color that looks great on all skin tones. It really gives me a sun kissed glow with a hint of peach color. I love it!
Ladies you can’t go wrong with any Nars product. The colors are amazing and they last! It is definitely $25 well spent.
I hope your day is absolutely fab! I have found a fantastic thrift shop in Atlanta that I just love! The Junior League of Atlanta’s Nearly New Shop located at 1715 Howell Mill Road, Atlanta, GA in the old Kroger Shopping Plaza. The Nearly New Shop sells tons of items that have never been worn or may have been worn or used once or twice. I have purchased brand new (tags still on) Club Monaco corduroy flat front pants for only $20.00. The original price was $99.00. I have also seen Ernest Sewn Jeans for only $8! These Jeans usually retail for $198.00! Still not convinced? How about a gently used Betsy Johnson Bag ($75), Ferragamo shoes never worn ($40.00) or Ralph Lauren Suits for $50.00. In addition, they sell high end sweaters, designer gowns, and tons of other accessories.
Also all proceeds from the Nearly New Shop support the mission of the Junior League of Atlanta. The League is dedicated to providing essential services to women and children in Atlanta. Shopping for a cause. Now I like that!
FYI. The Nearly New Shop is having a 50% off Mother’s Day Sale this Friday and Saturday, May 9th and 10th. The Sale starts at 10am. See you there!
Long time no hear!!!! Here is a quick update: I had a baby girl, Sydney, and she is gorgeous! So I have been very busy. However, during this time, I have found some GREAT products and awesome thrift stores and boutiques. Yeah! Keep reading the blog and enjoy!
RX for Brown Skin. Ladies I heart this new skin care line. Nationally renowed dermatologist and skin care expert, Dr. Susan Taylor created this skin care line for women of color (African-American, Latin, Indian, and Asian Women). RX for Brown Skin comes in three different skin care collections:
Bright and Healthy Collection for normal, dry or sensitive brown skin.
Bright and Clear Collection for acne prone, oily, combination or problem skin.
The Bright and Even Collection for dull, uneven, mature or hyperpigmented brown skin.
I personally have been using the Bright and Even Collection and my skin feels and looks awesome. I noticed results within 2-3 weeks. I started using this product in December and I am hooked! Dr. Taylor formulated the line with natural skincare remedies such as soy, pomegranate, and hyaluonic Acid, a substance found in human skin that locks in water.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, the price point is just fab! Cleansers are $21, toners are $18, and moisturizers are $32.
Contact me for questions, comments, advice, PR, and Advertising Inquiries: email@example.com
Luxe Tips is a lifestyle. So whether you are a stay at home mom or career woman on the go, and regardless of economic status, every woman can live the Luxe Life!
I have been so busy, I have not had the time to devote to my favorite past time, writing about beauty. I know 3 months is a long time, but I promise to make-up for it with great beauty tips! And before I get started, I want to tell you lovely ladies about two awesome Holiday Shopping events that are taking place very soon. MY favorite apothecary and day spa, Entebello, is hosting an all day holiday shopping event on December 5. Enjoy Champagene and Nibbles while you shop for your favorite beauty products. And as an added incentive, Entebello is also offering complimentary mini services including: massage, brow makeovers, make-up and polish changes. They are also giving out gift bags that day! Ladies, click on the flyer to the right and RSVP ASAP. This is sure to be a fun and decadent event!
Bee So Chic is hosting two fabulous trunk shows featuring local designers and artists on December 8th at Vino Libro and December 9th at Fresh to Order in Midtown. The cover is only $5! Enjoy a fabulous DJ, drink specials, free massages, and purchase beautiful jewelry, clothing (original designs and vintage pieces), and beauty products. I have been to one of these trunk shows and they are indeed fabulous. They are so many products to choose from! Check out the flyer here or visit www.beesochic.com.
Check out my top 3 beauty gifts for $25 and under. Until next time…….
1. Carol’s Daughter Candy Paint Lipgloss Mini Treats. Carol’s Daughter, an all natural beauty products company, has the most luscious lip glosses. The color is fantastic and the lipglosses are infused with natural ingredients such as grapeseed oil, shea butter, aloe vera extract and vitamin E. This trio comes in three fabulous colors: Park Avenue Pink (a true sheer pink staple), Bubbling Brown Sugar, and Purple Reign. You can purchase this product at Sephora or Carol’s Daughter. This set retails for $25.
2. L’Occitane Hand Creme Hand Creme Trio. Who has the best hand creme? L’Occitane of course! This Holiday gift set features three shea butter cremes blended with Provence honey. They come in three scents: plain shea butter, honey and lemon, and cherry blossom. Yummy. I think this is a great gift for yourself, a girlfriend, or mom! This gift set is sold exclusively at Sephora. It retails for $25.00.
3. Philosophy’s The Gingerbread Man exclusive holiday shower gel and lip shine value kit. I just adore Philosophy produts they are so rich and nourishing and they smell absolutely fantastic! For only $22.00 you can purchase this gift set. I promise this product smells exactly like a Gingerbread cookie! If you do not like Gingerbread, Philosphy has a wide variety of cool holiday scents to choose from like Pumpkin Pie, Candy Cane, and Cranberry. You can purchase this product from Philosophy.com or Sephora.
I have been on a little much needed hiatus, but I am back with more luxe tips! Today I want to talk about how to achieve smooth luxurious lips. Lately, I have been experiencing chapped lips and I HAD to explore several solutions to this problem. Here are my top tips for kissable lips!
1. Exfoliate. I have learned that just as your skin needs exfoliation to get rid of dead skin, so those your lips. One method I use to exfoliate my lips is to gently rub my lips with a damp washcloth. Of course this is the no cost approach, but it works like a dream. However, if you want to try a more upscale exfoliation method, try The Lip Scrub by Sara Happ. This gentle lip scrub alleviates chapped lips while also leaving your lips soft and moisturized. And as an added bonus, this lip scrub comes in several yummy flavors, such as Brown Sugar, Almond Creme, Cocoa, and Cinnamon Sugar! You can purchase this product on line here or you can visit our FAVORITE spa and apothecary ENTEBELLO and purchase The Lip Scrub for $22.
2. Moisturize. Moisturizing your lips is also important. They get dry too! There are tons of lip balms, cremes, and exlixers on the market to achieve moist lips. However, my ABSOLUTE favorite and in my opinion the best on the market is Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1. I apply this balm and no kidding, I can instantly feel the lip balm working its magic. My lips are soft and moisturized all day long. In addition, it has SPF 4, so it also protects your lips against the sun. Great Product! You can purchase this product for $5.50 at any Kiehl’s store or Sephora.