I hope your day is absolutely fab! I have found a fantastic thrift shop in Atlanta that I just love! The Junior League of Atlanta’s Nearly New Shop located at 1715 Howell Mill Road, Atlanta, GA in the old Kroger Shopping Plaza. The Nearly New Shop sells tons of items that have never been worn or may have been worn or used once or twice. I have purchased brand new (tags still on) Club Monaco corduroy flat front pants for only $20.00. The original price was $99.00. I have also seen Ernest Sewn Jeans for only $8! These Jeans usually retail for $198.00! Still not convinced? How about a gently used Betsy Johnson Bag ($75), Ferragamo shoes never worn ($40.00) or Ralph Lauren Suits for $50.00. In addition, they sell high end sweaters, designer gowns, and tons of other accessories.
Also all proceeds from the Nearly New Shop support the mission of the Junior League of Atlanta. The League is dedicated to providing essential services to women and children in Atlanta. Shopping for a cause. Now I like that!
FYI. The Nearly New Shop is having a 50% off Mother’s Day Sale this Friday and Saturday, May 9th and 10th. The Sale starts at 10am. See you there!
Long time no hear!!!! Here is a quick update: I had a baby girl, Sydney, and she is gorgeous! So I have been very busy. However, during this time, I have found some GREAT products and awesome thrift stores and boutiques. Yeah! Keep reading the blog and enjoy!
RX for Brown Skin. Ladies I heart this new skin care line. Nationally renowed dermatologist and skin care expert, Dr. Susan Taylor created this skin care line for women of color (African-American, Latin, Indian, and Asian Women). RX for Brown Skin comes in three different skin care collections:
Bright and Healthy Collection for normal, dry or sensitive brown skin.
Bright and Clear Collection for acne prone, oily, combination or problem skin.
The Bright and Even Collection for dull, uneven, mature or hyperpigmented brown skin.
I personally have been using the Bright and Even Collection and my skin feels and looks awesome. I noticed results within 2-3 weeks. I started using this product in December and I am hooked! Dr. Taylor formulated the line with natural skincare remedies such as soy, pomegranate, and hyaluonic Acid, a substance found in human skin that locks in water.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, the price point is just fab! Cleansers are $21, toners are $18, and moisturizers are $32.
You can purchase these products online here or at Sephora stores or Sephora.com
Contact me for questions, comments, advice, PR, and Advertising Inquiries: email@example.com
Luxe Tips is a lifestyle. So whether you are a stay at home mom or career woman on the go, and regardless of economic status, every woman can live the Luxe Life!
I have been so busy, I have not had the time to devote to my favorite past time, writing about beauty. I know 3 months is a long time, but I promise to make-up for it with great beauty tips! And before I get started, I want to tell you lovely ladies about two awesome Holiday Shopping events that are taking place very soon. MY favorite apothecary and day spa, Entebello, is hosting an all day holiday shopping event on December 5. Enjoy Champagene and Nibbles while you shop for your favorite beauty products. And as an added incentive, Entebello is also offering complimentary mini services including: massage, brow makeovers, make-up and polish changes. They are also giving out gift bags that day! Ladies, click on the flyer to the right and RSVP ASAP. This is sure to be a fun and decadent event!
Bee So Chic is hosting two fabulous trunk shows featuring local designers and artists on December 8th at Vino Libro and December 9th at Fresh to Order in Midtown. The cover is only $5! Enjoy a fabulous DJ, drink specials, free massages, and purchase beautiful jewelry, clothing (original designs and vintage pieces), and beauty products. I have been to one of these trunk shows and they are indeed fabulous. They are so many products to choose from! Check out the flyer here or visit www.beesochic.com.
Check out my top 3 beauty gifts for $25 and under. Until next time…….
1. Carol’s Daughter Candy Paint Lipgloss Mini Treats. Carol’s Daughter, an all natural beauty products company, has the most luscious lip glosses. The color is fantastic and the lipglosses are infused with natural ingredients such as grapeseed oil, shea butter, aloe vera extract and vitamin E. This trio comes in three fabulous colors: Park Avenue Pink (a true sheer pink staple), Bubbling Brown Sugar, and Purple Reign. You can purchase this product at Sephora or Carol’s Daughter. This set retails for $25.
2. L’Occitane Hand Creme Hand Creme Trio. Who has the best hand creme? L’Occitane of course! This Holiday gift set features three shea butter cremes blended with Provence honey. They come in three scents: plain shea butter, honey and lemon, and cherry blossom. Yummy. I think this is a great gift for yourself, a girlfriend, or mom! This gift set is sold exclusively at Sephora. It retails for $25.00.
3. Philosophy’s The Gingerbread Man exclusive holiday shower gel and lip shine value kit. I just adore Philosophy produts they are so rich and nourishing and they smell absolutely fantastic! For only $22.00 you can purchase this gift set. I promise this product smells exactly like a Gingerbread cookie! If you do not like Gingerbread, Philosphy has a wide variety of cool holiday scents to choose from like Pumpkin Pie, Candy Cane, and Cranberry. You can purchase this product from Philosophy.com or Sephora.
I have been on a little much needed hiatus, but I am back with more luxe tips! Today I want to talk about how to achieve smooth luxurious lips. Lately, I have been experiencing chapped lips and I HAD to explore several solutions to this problem. Here are my top tips for kissable lips!
1. Exfoliate. I have learned that just as your skin needs exfoliation to get rid of dead skin, so those your lips. One method I use to exfoliate my lips is to gently rub my lips with a damp washcloth. Of course this is the no cost approach, but it works like a dream. However, if you want to try a more upscale exfoliation method, try The Lip Scrub by Sara Happ. This gentle lip scrub alleviates chapped lips while also leaving your lips soft and moisturized. And as an added bonus, this lip scrub comes in several yummy flavors, such as Brown Sugar, Almond Creme, Cocoa, and Cinnamon Sugar! You can purchase this product on line here or you can visit our FAVORITE spa and apothecary ENTEBELLO and purchase The Lip Scrub for $22.
2. Moisturize. Moisturizing your lips is also important. They get dry too! There are tons of lip balms, cremes, and exlixers on the market to achieve moist lips. However, my ABSOLUTE favorite and in my opinion the best on the market is Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1. I apply this balm and no kidding, I can instantly feel the lip balm working its magic. My lips are soft and moisturized all day long. In addition, it has SPF 4, so it also protects your lips against the sun. Great Product! You can purchase this product for $5.50 at any Kiehl’s store or Sephora.
I hope everyone has been looking fab despite the OPPRESSIVE heat! Whew! Due to the heat, I have been wearing minimal make-up and have been obsessive about keeping my skin clean. So here are a couple of products I have been using to keep a fresh and glowing look during this heat.
1. Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent for Sensitive Skin. I love this toner! I have tried the more expensive brands and somehow they all leave my skin super dry. I have oily oily skin so super dry skin produces more oil which is just yucky. This toner deep cleans and leaves my skin soft and nicely balanced. As an added bonus, this cleanser has salicylic acid acne medication that treats and helps prevents pimples! This product retails for about $4.50.
2. Oil of Olay All Day Moisturizer lotion SPF 15 for sensitive skin. This moisturizer is perfect for summer. It is light, non-greasy, and does not clog your pores. It instantly hydrates your skin. The best part about this moisturizer is that it is perfect for scorching heat because SPF 15 is included. How neat! You can purchase this product for $9.99.
3. Loreal HIP illuminating highlighter in Shimmer. This two color highlighter is so perfect. I use it on my browbone and sometimes as a eyeshadow. I also use it as a blush and on my lips with a little lip pencil. Basically you can use this highlighter wherever to get a natural sun-kissed glow. Use this highligher instead of foundation and blush to avoid all of your make-up sweating off because of the heat. This is a great way to look made-up without being made-up! Plus this highligher won Allure magazine’s Best Beauty Award in its category! Buy this item for $9.69.
Until next time!
I hope your weekend was divalicious! Ladies I must tell you about the most fabulous experience I had recently at the super chic and FABULOUS Apothecary and Spa Entebello! Entebello is a brand new apothecary and spa for women and men located in the heart of Buckhead. All I have to say is move over Spa Sydell and the like! Entbello puts all other Atlanta spas to shame! Trust me on this one! Owner Rachelle Janicki (pictured here) has created a one of a kind spa that offers exclusive Sonya Dakar (the grande dame of all facialists) facials and luxurious international products that you cannot find anywhere in Atlanta! Neat right? What sets Entebello apart from the rest? Luxury. Entebello has a luxurious atmosphere, luxurious services, luxurious products, and luxurious Rachelle. She is a true super diva and she knows her stuff. As a matter of fact, she is featured in the upcoming September issue of Peach Magazine as one of the MOST STYLISH Atlantans!
Ladies when you enter Entbello, you instantly feel like you are entering a fabulous french boutique. Check out the decor pictured above. The main area is filled with dozens and dozens of beauty products! How exciting! The great thing about Entebello is that you will find several hard to find product lines including make-up, skin care, bath and body, hair and nail care, fragrances, and fantastic products for men! Some of Entebello’s exclusive lines include Australian make-up line Napoleon Perdis (pictured here); Malie Kauai, a Hawaiian bath and body line featuring essential oils and flowers native to the island of Kauai and Yu-Be, the number 1 selling skin cream in Japan!
Entebello also offers FANTASTIC spa servies for women and men. In my opinion the absolute best service Entebello offers is the Sonya Dakar Facial. As I mentioned above, Entebello is the only spa in Georgia offering Sonya Dakar facials. Too fab! I enjoyed a Sonya Dakar Facial and I felt like I had been transported to a 5 Star Spa in Tahiti. Ladies it is truly an experience and worth every penny. I was relaxed and the facial left my skin super soft and glowing. Everyone I encountered kept commenting on how great my skin looked! I definitely have to work this into my beauty budget! Entebello also offers back facials, eye treatments, Microdermabrasion, mani/pedi services, threading and waxing services, and make-up application. Check out the mani/pedi and lounge areas. I LOVE the blue chairs. Have you seen anything like it in Atlanta?
And as an added BONUS, Entebello has a fabulous Men’s Spa that is separate from the Main Spa and is located on the lower level. This area is fit for a King! Check it out below. Divas what a great way to treat your significant other! The Men’s Spa includes a mani/pedi area with two flat screen TVs! Plus there is a barber station, which also boasts a flat screen. At the barber station your sweetie can get pampered with a haircut, shave, Deluxe Face and Head Shave, or a facial. Im Loving it! The Men’s Spa is a true gem. I love that it is so modern, classy, and masculine! Any testerone filled male would feel comfortable here.
Lastly, Entebello has several summer specials that I must tell you about. So ladies if you want a little Paris in Atlanta grab your wallets and check out Entebello now! Through August 31, 2007 get a free brow makeover with any nail service. On August 10th and 11th, join Entebello for a Summer Skin Event. Entebello will offer customers complimentary makeovers and mini services and if you purchase a $100 Sonya Dakar Fitness Facial or Clear Complexion Facial you will receive a free Sonya Dakar mini kit with 6 products tailored for your skin. Entebello is also featured in Lucky Magazine’s October issue and in the Lucky Breaks section you can find a coupon for 20% off any facial service! Ladies I hope to see you at Entebello soon because I will definitely be there! Check out Entebello’s menu here!
I truly hope your week has started off with a bang! This post is dedicated to Trudy. I know it took a while Trud but I promise it was worth the wait!
Now some of us are fortunate or not so fortunatate to have an ample “chest” (whether naturally or by design). Thus searching for shirts or blouses that fit properly can sometime be a hassle. For example, you purchase a shirt that buttons in the front and because of your fabulous “chest”, the buttons fasten but create that “peek-a-boo” hole in between buttons. Or better yet, you manage to get all the buttons fastened and as you are walking in the mall with a sea of people, the button right in the middle of your chest just pops open. Frustration Frustration. Or you purchase a cotton t-shirt in your size, but because of your “chest” the t-shirt fits in the waist but not your chest or you purchase a t-shirt that fits your “chest” but not your waist! I have personal experience with this issue girls because I have a medium frame but a very large chest! lol! So, through trial and error and lots of research, I have discovered shirts and tricks that eliminate this problem! Check them out!
1. Sophie Hudson and Rebecca and Drew Clothing lines. These two clothing lines were created for women who have the problem I have just described above. Rebecca and Drew is the more expensive line while Sophie Hudson is less expensive. Basically the creators of these lines specialize in the Dress Shirt and Shirt Dress. The creators improved on the Dress Shirt by basing the shirt on three measurements of a woman’s chest: circumfrence, bra-cup size, and height. Their websites are so cool because they have a very handy dandy Trio Measuring Chart so that you can purchase a shirt that is a perfect fit! Bye Bye “peek-a-boo” holes! Check out this short-sleeved shirt from the Sophie Hudson line. It only retails for $39.90. Also they have the cutest Shirt Dresses. This shirtdress comes in black, baby blue, and yellow. They retail for only $69.90. Ladies the Shirt Dress is the latest rage and how neat is it to purchase one that is cute and fits properly too! Fabulous!
2. Jersey fabric shirts. Ladies I just love this fabric. Whether it is silk jersey or matte cotton jersey, it just makes any woman’s shape look fabulous! Jersey has this amazing ability to lightly touch all of your curves without clinging to your body. And I absolutely love the fact that it stretches with your body and it is just so soft and comfortable. I have found that Jersey shirts allow enough room for my “chest” while also allowing me to have a waist. It just hits all the right places beautifully. Check out this cute jersey shirt here from BCBGgirls. You can purchase this shirt online at Overstock.com for only $34.99!
3. Ruched shirts. Ruched shirts are another type of shirt that is flattering to women with a “fuller” chest. I like ruched shirts because you can purchase a shirt that is large enough for your “chest” and side ruching (fabric gathered together) will accent and enhance your waist and allow you to have an hourglass shape. Check out this cute black ruched shirt. It is yours for only $17.00!
4. Belted shirts. My old time favortie trick to creating an award winning fitted shirt is simply fastening a belt around the shirt. You can also use a scarf. I just purchase a shirt that is large enough to cover my “chest” properly, which usually leaves an ample amount of fabric around my waist. I then tie a scarf or a fasten a belt around my waist to create a tailored look. Ladies it is simple and stylish! And it does not matter what size you are: small, medium, large, or extra-large, this look looks good on everybody! Love it!
5. T-shirts with lycra. Lastly, I have learned that t-shirts made with lyrcra fit great on any body type. So for someone who has a larger “chest”, the fabric will stretch to accomodate your chest while also clinging just enough to your waist to create a womanly silhouette. Target’s Mossimo line carries fabulous lyrcra t-shirts in sizes ranging from x-small to x-large in many cool colors; long-sleeved or short-sleeved; or crew-neck or v-neck. You can purchase these t-shirts for the low price of $7.99!
Check out this write up by PoshGlam PR on Luxetips! I am so excited! Please stay tuned for more beauty and fashion tips.
Until next time,