I hope everyone has been looking fab despite the OPPRESSIVE heat! Whew! Due to the heat, I have been wearing minimal make-up and have been obsessive about keeping my skin clean. So here are a couple of products I have been using to keep a fresh and glowing look during this heat.
1. Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent for Sensitive Skin. I love this toner! I have tried the more expensive brands and somehow they all leave my skin super dry. I have oily oily skin so super dry skin produces more oil which is just yucky. This toner deep cleans and leaves my skin soft and nicely balanced. As an added bonus, this cleanser has salicylic acid acne medication that treats and helps prevents pimples! This product retails for about $4.50.
2. Oil of Olay All Day Moisturizer lotion SPF 15 for sensitive skin. This moisturizer is perfect for summer. It is light, non-greasy, and does not clog your pores. It instantly hydrates your skin. The best part about this moisturizer is that it is perfect for scorching heat because SPF 15 is included. How neat! You can purchase this product for $9.99.
3. Loreal HIP illuminating highlighter in Shimmer. This two color highlighter is so perfect. I use it on my browbone and sometimes as a eyeshadow. I also use it as a blush and on my lips with a little lip pencil. Basically you can use this highlighter wherever to get a natural sun-kissed glow. Use this highligher instead of foundation and blush to avoid all of your make-up sweating off because of the heat. This is a great way to look made-up without being made-up! Plus this highligher won Allure magazine’s Best Beauty Award in its category! Buy this item for $9.69.
Until next time!
I hope your weekend was divalicious! Ladies I must tell you about the most fabulous experience I had recently at the super chic and FABULOUS Apothecary and Spa Entebello! Entebello is a brand new apothecary and spa for women and men located in the heart of Buckhead. All I have to say is move over Spa Sydell and the like! Entbello puts all other Atlanta spas to shame! Trust me on this one! Owner Rachelle Janicki (pictured here) has created a one of a kind spa that offers exclusive Sonya Dakar (the grande dame of all facialists) facials and luxurious international products that you cannot find anywhere in Atlanta! Neat right? What sets Entebello apart from the rest? Luxury. Entebello has a luxurious atmosphere, luxurious services, luxurious products, and luxurious Rachelle. She is a true super diva and she knows her stuff. As a matter of fact, she is featured in the upcoming September issue of Peach Magazine as one of the MOST STYLISH Atlantans!
Ladies when you enter Entbello, you instantly feel like you are entering a fabulous french boutique. Check out the decor pictured above. The main area is filled with dozens and dozens of beauty products! How exciting! The great thing about Entebello is that you will find several hard to find product lines including make-up, skin care, bath and body, hair and nail care, fragrances, and fantastic products for men! Some of Entebello’s exclusive lines include Australian make-up line Napoleon Perdis (pictured here); Malie Kauai, a Hawaiian bath and body line featuring essential oils and flowers native to the island of Kauai and Yu-Be, the number 1 selling skin cream in Japan!
Entebello also offers FANTASTIC spa servies for women and men. In my opinion the absolute best service Entebello offers is the Sonya Dakar Facial. As I mentioned above, Entebello is the only spa in Georgia offering Sonya Dakar facials. Too fab! I enjoyed a Sonya Dakar Facial and I felt like I had been transported to a 5 Star Spa in Tahiti. Ladies it is truly an experience and worth every penny. I was relaxed and the facial left my skin super soft and glowing. Everyone I encountered kept commenting on how great my skin looked! I definitely have to work this into my beauty budget! Entebello also offers back facials, eye treatments, Microdermabrasion, mani/pedi services, threading and waxing services, and make-up application. Check out the mani/pedi and lounge areas. I LOVE the blue chairs. Have you seen anything like it in Atlanta?
And as an added BONUS, Entebello has a fabulous Men’s Spa that is separate from the Main Spa and is located on the lower level. This area is fit for a King! Check it out below. Divas what a great way to treat your significant other! The Men’s Spa includes a mani/pedi area with two flat screen TVs! Plus there is a barber station, which also boasts a flat screen. At the barber station your sweetie can get pampered with a haircut, shave, Deluxe Face and Head Shave, or a facial. Im Loving it! The Men’s Spa is a true gem. I love that it is so modern, classy, and masculine! Any testerone filled male would feel comfortable here.
Lastly, Entebello has several summer specials that I must tell you about. So ladies if you want a little Paris in Atlanta grab your wallets and check out Entebello now! Through August 31, 2007 get a free brow makeover with any nail service. On August 10th and 11th, join Entebello for a Summer Skin Event. Entebello will offer customers complimentary makeovers and mini services and if you purchase a $100 Sonya Dakar Fitness Facial or Clear Complexion Facial you will receive a free Sonya Dakar mini kit with 6 products tailored for your skin. Entebello is also featured in Lucky Magazine’s October issue and in the Lucky Breaks section you can find a coupon for 20% off any facial service! Ladies I hope to see you at Entebello soon because I will definitely be there! Check out Entebello’s menu here!
I truly hope your week has started off with a bang! This post is dedicated to Trudy. I know it took a while Trud but I promise it was worth the wait!
Now some of us are fortunate or not so fortunatate to have an ample “chest” (whether naturally or by design). Thus searching for shirts or blouses that fit properly can sometime be a hassle. For example, you purchase a shirt that buttons in the front and because of your fabulous “chest”, the buttons fasten but create that “peek-a-boo” hole in between buttons. Or better yet, you manage to get all the buttons fastened and as you are walking in the mall with a sea of people, the button right in the middle of your chest just pops open. Frustration Frustration. Or you purchase a cotton t-shirt in your size, but because of your “chest” the t-shirt fits in the waist but not your chest or you purchase a t-shirt that fits your “chest” but not your waist! I have personal experience with this issue girls because I have a medium frame but a very large chest! lol! So, through trial and error and lots of research, I have discovered shirts and tricks that eliminate this problem! Check them out!
1. Sophie Hudson and Rebecca and Drew Clothing lines. These two clothing lines were created for women who have the problem I have just described above. Rebecca and Drew is the more expensive line while Sophie Hudson is less expensive. Basically the creators of these lines specialize in the Dress Shirt and Shirt Dress. The creators improved on the Dress Shirt by basing the shirt on three measurements of a woman’s chest: circumfrence, bra-cup size, and height. Their websites are so cool because they have a very handy dandy Trio Measuring Chart so that you can purchase a shirt that is a perfect fit! Bye Bye “peek-a-boo” holes! Check out this short-sleeved shirt from the Sophie Hudson line. It only retails for $39.90. Also they have the cutest Shirt Dresses. This shirtdress comes in black, baby blue, and yellow. They retail for only $69.90. Ladies the Shirt Dress is the latest rage and how neat is it to purchase one that is cute and fits properly too! Fabulous!
2. Jersey fabric shirts. Ladies I just love this fabric. Whether it is silk jersey or matte cotton jersey, it just makes any woman’s shape look fabulous! Jersey has this amazing ability to lightly touch all of your curves without clinging to your body. And I absolutely love the fact that it stretches with your body and it is just so soft and comfortable. I have found that Jersey shirts allow enough room for my “chest” while also allowing me to have a waist. It just hits all the right places beautifully. Check out this cute jersey shirt here from BCBGgirls. You can purchase this shirt online at Overstock.com for only $34.99!
3. Ruched shirts. Ruched shirts are another type of shirt that is flattering to women with a “fuller” chest. I like ruched shirts because you can purchase a shirt that is large enough for your “chest” and side ruching (fabric gathered together) will accent and enhance your waist and allow you to have an hourglass shape. Check out this cute black ruched shirt. It is yours for only $17.00!
4. Belted shirts. My old time favortie trick to creating an award winning fitted shirt is simply fastening a belt around the shirt. You can also use a scarf. I just purchase a shirt that is large enough to cover my “chest” properly, which usually leaves an ample amount of fabric around my waist. I then tie a scarf or a fasten a belt around my waist to create a tailored look. Ladies it is simple and stylish! And it does not matter what size you are: small, medium, large, or extra-large, this look looks good on everybody! Love it!
5. T-shirts with lycra. Lastly, I have learned that t-shirts made with lyrcra fit great on any body type. So for someone who has a larger “chest”, the fabric will stretch to accomodate your chest while also clinging just enough to your waist to create a womanly silhouette. Target’s Mossimo line carries fabulous lyrcra t-shirts in sizes ranging from x-small to x-large in many cool colors; long-sleeved or short-sleeved; or crew-neck or v-neck. You can purchase these t-shirts for the low price of $7.99!
Check out this write up by PoshGlam PR on Luxetips! I am so excited! Please stay tuned for more beauty and fashion tips.
Until next time,
I hope your week has been FANTABULOUS! A new word I created. lol! Well Divas as I stated in my previous post, Luxetips! was invited to cover an uber cool fashion event that took place right here in little ol’ Atlanta on Friday night. Divas it was so fantastic! The event was the Signature Style Swap and Sample Sale for Charity and it took place at Aiko Sushi Restaurant and Lounge. This place is just too chic. The Sushi was SUPERB! It was so fresh. Plus the place is just beautiful! Check it out at aikoatlanta.com. The event definitely had that New York I am so cool and chic vibe. Loved it! There were several designers/vendors there that have the coolest products and I have to share. So sit back and enjoy. And remember to support our independent designers! They are on the rise!!!!
1. Dawn Ramu. Dawn Ramu is a very talented fly diva who has just launched her own clothing line. The dresses are amazing. Very sexy but flirty too. Check out the picture of Dawn to the right modeling her own line. This very hip orange pleated chiffon dress was hand made by Dawn herself. I love the fact that it is a flowing mini dress, but not too short. Perfect. I simply adored the blue ruffled dress with the white ribbon belt. This is something I would definitely wear on a “hot” date with my hubby. The material of this dress is jersey and it felt so nice against my skin.
2. Check out Kimberly of POSHGLAM, LLC. PoshGlam is a full service public relations company that caters to the fashion and beauty industries. Kimberly represents Dawn Ramu and just look at this very sleek and cool “little black dress” designed by Dawn Ramu. Just fab!
Divas please check out Dawn’s designs at www.dawnramu.com or you can visit Veruca Boutique on Juniper to purchase her dresses. Dawn’s pricepoint ranges from $80.00 to $349.00.
3. Our favorite up and coming designer Alicia Garcia of Pekuliar Treasures was there also. Check out these fly tanks! I want to buy all of them. These tanks tops can go from casual to evening with the change of a pair of flips flops into a pair of stilettos. The tanks featured here are $32.00. Not bad for versatility.
4. Soleil Candle Company. Right now I am totally obsessed with Soleil Candle Company. These candles are just too fantastic! All Soleil candles are hand poured soy candles. So essentially they are biodegradable and environmentally friendly. But the absolute best part about these candles are that they smell sooooo good and the scent just lingers and lasts forever. Some of the candles’ scents are Passion Fruit, Cocunut Lemongrass, and Vanilla Grapefruit. I purchased the Vanilla Grapefruit candle and it is by far the best smelling candle I have ever purchased and the scent is just strong enough. My house has this clean citrus warm scent and I am loving it! A 6 ounce candle retails for $12 and an 8 ounce candle retails for $14. In addition, the candles last a long time. You can purchase Soleil Candles at Harry’s Food Market in Marietta; Ruby Jeans Boutique in Smyrna; and Siggers Hairdressers.
5. Twinkle Swimwear. Twinkle is a new swimwear line created by Twinkle Ferraren. Twinkle is an international designer who hand paints her designs for her swimwear collection and has them transferred onto the fabric. So you can have a cool bikini that is also a work of art. How cool is that?? Twinkle’s swimwear has been featured in several national magazines and publications. Her designs are not carried by any particular vendor here in Atlanta YET, but if you are interested in purchasing one of her swimsuits, please visit her website at www.t-w-i-n-k-l-e.com or you can contact PoshGlam for additional purchase information.
Luxetips! has been invited to cover the Signature Style Swap and Sample Sale for Charity hosted By Dawn Ramu. This event takes place tonight at 7:30 pm at Aiko Lounge. This event is just so fantastic! All Divas are invited to bring 3-5 gently used clothing items you no longer want or wear and swap them for something equally fantastic and of equal value! What a concept! In addition, several boutiques and designers will be there to sale their items. They are Pekuliar Treasures, Dawn Ramu, Tracey Nicole and more. Check out the flier to the right. Admission is only $10.00 and a portion of the proceeds go to Charity! Wow! I would love to see you Divas there!
I hope your week has been a blast! I went to the most fantastic event Tuesday night that I just must share. A new hot designer invited me to an independent designer trunk show at Vino Libro. Vino Libro is located in the new Glenwood Park community in East Atlanta and is just so fantastic. But I will save my fascination with Vino Libro and the owner Melanie Wilson for another post. Back to the hot new designer. Alicia Garcia, designer and owner of Pekuliar Treasures, designs one of kind pieces that are beautiful, feminine, and comfortable. Alicia takes vintage pieces and deconstructs them or reconstructs them into one of a kind fantastic pieces. Check out this orange blouse modeled here by designer and organizer of the indepedent artist trunk show, Brenda Hall of Bee So Chic. Apparently this blouse was once part of a dress in which Alicia actually designed two unique blouses. I purchased the other top, which is equally awesome as this one, but is its own unique style!
In addition, Alicia designs funky practical tank tops that any woman can wear. Alicia stated that she designs these tank tops with the woman on the go in mind. This woman is a mom, wife, professional, handywoman, etc.!! They are easy to wear, comfortable and most importantly pretty! Check out model Brenda in this black and white tank. Too cute! Plus Alicia said that you can actually remove the lace bow on this shirt and throw it in the washer machine. How clever!
Alicia, pictured here in one of her gorgeous tanks is EVERY WOMAN! Not only is she a designer and a fabulous MOCHA MOM of two, she is also a professional chef and event planner. Whew! You go girl! And the ABSOLUTE best thing about Alicia’s designs are the price. All one of a kind tanks range from $18-$30; blouses are $35 (can you imagine just look at that orange blouse!) and dresses are $60.00. So you can have a one of a kind designer item for a tiny fraction of the cost you would pay in a boutique. Fabulous!
Please check out Alicia’s website at www.pekuliartreasures.com. Lets support our new and upcoming designers!
I hope your Fourth of July holiday was awesome! Mine was so peaceful. I just relaxed. I did not do one thing. It was great! Over the holiday, my beautiful baby sister asked me “how do you keep your eyeshadow from creasing or fading away before the day ends?” And of course I had the perfect answer! Creasing or fading eyeshadow is a common problem for women who wear eyeshadow. Of course from my experience, there are a select few eyeshadows that simply do not crease or fade. They are Nars and Mac brand eyeshadows. The colors in both of these lines are very rich and both boast long wearing crease resistant formulas. And I must say that they do live up to the promise! Other than that, there are tons of great eyeshadows that will stay, stay, stay with just a little help. Here are my top two suggestions to increase the wear of your eyeshadow:
1. Base your lids with foundation. I simply sweep my eyelids with a powder foundation and then apply eyeshadow. This method works with most eyeshadows. However, if this does not work, try using a cream based foundation and then apply a little powder foundation. Apply eyeshadow and your eyeshadow will definitely last all day and/or night!
2. Apply an eye moisturizer/eye cream. This is another simple way to ensure your eyeshadow has staying power! I recommend that all Divas use eye cream as opposed to regular moisturizer around the eye area because the area around the eye is more sensitive and delicate than your face. Eye creams are specially formulated to deal with this sensitive area. Moisturizer is an excellent base for any type of make-up. Dry skin just does not allow make-up to properly adhere to the skin. I personally like Oil of Olay’s Age Defying Eye Gel. It is a non-greasy gel that also reduces fine lines and wrinkles. This product retails for $9.99. I simply love Kiehl’s Light Nourishing eye cream. It is light and non-greasy and perfectly moisturizes the eye area. You can purchase this product for $20.00. Lastly, for those of you who have sensitive eyes or wear contacts, Kiehl’s also carries Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. This product is Ophthalmologist and Dermatologist-Tested. This eye cream is very creamy. It is simply luxurious!
Until next time!
p.s. I just want to give a shout out to the Beautiful Divas of Mocha Moms! Thanks for your support!
Ladies today is the official start of summer! Yeah! I like summer. I would rather be hot than cold anyday. So I know all of you ladies are breaking out your fabulous sandles or buying new sandles. Thus your “feet” must look flawless. One thing I can not stand is a lady wearing sandles with rough crunchy feet. It is just not necessary. Personally, I love getting pedicures. It is a source of relaxtion for me. But if pedicures are not in your budget, you can always give yourself a pedicure. It is very easy! Simply soak your feet in warm soapy water; slough off dead skin with a pumice stone or if you are BRAVE a pedicure razor; push back and remove cuticles; and clip and file toenails. Here is a cool tip. When I give myself a pedicure, I like to go the extra mile and apply a good scrub to my entire foot and exfoliate with a loofah sponge. It removes dead skin and gives your feet that freshly scrubbed glow! Apply a good body butter or soufle and you have summer ready feet! Fabulous!
During summer there are a few nail colors that I just love. Check them out and let me know what are your favorites.
Until next time,
1. French Pedicures. I love the classic clean look of a French pedicure. A french pedicure is timeless and elegant. I personally like to use an off white base coat with the french manicure. Very chic!
2. Essie Wicked. I know it is a dark color, but I tell you this color looks good on anybody. I love it! When I wear Essie’s Wicked on my toes or nails I just feel so va va voom sexy. Old Hollywood Glamour! My hubby loves it! You can purchase this product for $7.00.
3. OPI’s Coney Island Cotton Candy. This very sheer pink color is great for summer. The color is sheer enough that you can wear it to work but also cute enough to wear out to play! This product retails for $6.75.
4. Natural. There is something so Bohemian about wearing toes in the “buff”. Hey, summer is about letting go and having fun! This is the perfect summer look. However make sure your toes are not disclored and neat!
Summer in the south is no joke. You can cut the humidity with a knife! Because of the humidity, multiple showers are sometimes necessary. Like most fly divas, I love to stay fresh and smell yummy. So I must profess my obsession with Body Washes. I love Body Washes because 1. They smell good 2. Most leave your skin feeling silky smooth and do not dry out your skin like soap and 3. There are so many different Body Washes! Now I have a wide range of Body Washes that I am crazy about, but here are my top four based on quality and budget! Enjoy!
1. Philosophy’s 3-in-1 ultra shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath in Lemonade. I love Philosophy products. They are super rich and so moisturizing. Philosophy’s 3-in-1 combos are like a little slice of heaven! They leave your skin so soft and they smell fantastic. This lemonade scent is just so perfect for summer! This product retails for $16.00 per bottle.
2. Bath and Body Works’ Shower Gels. An old favorite. I have been using Bath and Body Works’ products for years and I just can’t complain about their products. I love the Sunripend Raspberry scent! Right now Bath and Body Works is having their semi-annual sale and select Shower Gels and Body Washes are selling for only $4.00! I visited the Bath and Body Works Atlantic Station Store and racked up on Shower Gels, Body Lotions and Antibacterial Soaps. So ladies run to Bath and Body Works while the sale is still going or you can purchase the products online.
3. Healing Garden Organic Body Washes. Healing Garden is a super inexpensive quality brand of body products that you can purchase at your local drugstore, Target, and Wal-Mart. Recently, Healing Garden introduced an organic line that is pretty good. The products are 85% organic. I love the Fig and Lavendar body wash. The scent is strong and the products are pretty much all natural. The body wash retails for $7.99. Check it out here.
4. Suave Naturals Body Washes. For the low price of $2.99, you can purchase a fantastic Body Wash with this brand. Right now I am using the Ocean Breeze scent that is also infused with mineral-rich sea algae extract. Pretty impressive for three bucks. Suave Naturals is moisturizing, has a great scent, and is a great buy! Right now CVS, (boy I love CVS!) is running a promotion where you can purchase two bottles for $3.00. That is $1.50 per bottle ladies!