I have been so busy, I have not had the time to devote to my favorite past time, writing about beauty. I know 3 months is a long time, but I promise to make-up for it with great beauty tips! And before I get started, I want to tell you lovely ladies about two awesome Holiday Shopping events that are taking place very soon. MY favorite apothecary and day spa, Entebello, is hosting an all day holiday shopping event on December 5. Enjoy Champagene and Nibbles while you shop for your favorite beauty products. And as an added incentive, Entebello is also offering complimentary mini services including: massage, brow makeovers, make-up and polish changes. They are also giving out gift bags that day! Ladies, click on the flyer to the right and RSVP ASAP. This is sure to be a fun and decadent event!
Bee So Chic is hosting two fabulous trunk shows featuring local designers and artists on December 8th at Vino Libro and December 9th at Fresh to Order in Midtown. The cover is only $5! Enjoy a fabulous DJ, drink specials, free massages, and purchase beautiful jewelry, clothing (original designs and vintage pieces), and beauty products. I have been to one of these trunk shows and they are indeed fabulous. They are so many products to choose from! Check out the flyer here or visit www.beesochic.com.
Check out my top 3 beauty gifts for $25 and under. Until next time…….
1. Carol’s Daughter Candy Paint Lipgloss Mini Treats. Carol’s Daughter, an all natural beauty products company, has the most luscious lip glosses. The color is fantastic and the lipglosses are infused with natural ingredients such as grapeseed oil, shea butter, aloe vera extract and vitamin E. This trio comes in three fabulous colors: Park Avenue Pink (a true sheer pink staple), Bubbling Brown Sugar, and Purple Reign. You can purchase this product at Sephora or Carol’s Daughter. This set retails for $25.
2. L’Occitane Hand Creme Hand Creme Trio. Who has the best hand creme? L’Occitane of course! This Holiday gift set features three shea butter cremes blended with Provence honey. They come in three scents: plain shea butter, honey and lemon, and cherry blossom. Yummy. I think this is a great gift for yourself, a girlfriend, or mom! This gift set is sold exclusively at Sephora. It retails for $25.00.
3. Philosophy’s The Gingerbread Man exclusive holiday shower gel and lip shine value kit. I just adore Philosophy produts they are so rich and nourishing and they smell absolutely fantastic! For only $22.00 you can purchase this gift set. I promise this product smells exactly like a Gingerbread cookie! If you do not like Gingerbread, Philosphy has a wide variety of cool holiday scents to choose from like Pumpkin Pie, Candy Cane, and Cranberry. You can purchase this product from Philosophy.com or Sephora.
I have been on a little much needed hiatus, but I am back with more luxe tips! Today I want to talk about how to achieve smooth luxurious lips. Lately, I have been experiencing chapped lips and I HAD to explore several solutions to this problem. Here are my top tips for kissable lips!
1. Exfoliate. I have learned that just as your skin needs exfoliation to get rid of dead skin, so those your lips. One method I use to exfoliate my lips is to gently rub my lips with a damp washcloth. Of course this is the no cost approach, but it works like a dream. However, if you want to try a more upscale exfoliation method, try The Lip Scrub by Sara Happ. This gentle lip scrub alleviates chapped lips while also leaving your lips soft and moisturized. And as an added bonus, this lip scrub comes in several yummy flavors, such as Brown Sugar, Almond Creme, Cocoa, and Cinnamon Sugar! You can purchase this product on line here or you can visit our FAVORITE spa and apothecary ENTEBELLO and purchase The Lip Scrub for $22.
2. Moisturize. Moisturizing your lips is also important. They get dry too! There are tons of lip balms, cremes, and exlixers on the market to achieve moist lips. However, my ABSOLUTE favorite and in my opinion the best on the market is Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1. I apply this balm and no kidding, I can instantly feel the lip balm working its magic. My lips are soft and moisturized all day long. In addition, it has SPF 4, so it also protects your lips against the sun. Great Product! You can purchase this product for $5.50 at any Kiehl’s store or Sephora.
I hope everyone has been looking fab despite the OPPRESSIVE heat! Whew! Due to the heat, I have been wearing minimal make-up and have been obsessive about keeping my skin clean. So here are a couple of products I have been using to keep a fresh and glowing look during this heat.
1. Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent for Sensitive Skin. I love this toner! I have tried the more expensive brands and somehow they all leave my skin super dry. I have oily oily skin so super dry skin produces more oil which is just yucky. This toner deep cleans and leaves my skin soft and nicely balanced. As an added bonus, this cleanser has salicylic acid acne medication that treats and helps prevents pimples! This product retails for about $4.50.
2. Oil of Olay All Day Moisturizer lotion SPF 15 for sensitive skin. This moisturizer is perfect for summer. It is light, non-greasy, and does not clog your pores. It instantly hydrates your skin. The best part about this moisturizer is that it is perfect for scorching heat because SPF 15 is included. How neat! You can purchase this product for $9.99.
3. Loreal HIP illuminating highlighter in Shimmer. This two color highlighter is so perfect. I use it on my browbone and sometimes as a eyeshadow. I also use it as a blush and on my lips with a little lip pencil. Basically you can use this highlighter wherever to get a natural sun-kissed glow. Use this highligher instead of foundation and blush to avoid all of your make-up sweating off because of the heat. This is a great way to look made-up without being made-up! Plus this highligher won Allure magazine’s Best Beauty Award in its category! Buy this item for $9.69.
Until next time!
I hope your weekend was divalicious! Ladies I must tell you about the most fabulous experience I had recently at the super chic and FABULOUS Apothecary and Spa Entebello! Entebello is a brand new apothecary and spa for women and men located in the heart of Buckhead. All I have to say is move over Spa Sydell and the like! Entbello puts all other Atlanta spas to shame! Trust me on this one! Owner Rachelle Janicki (pictured here) has created a one of a kind spa that offers exclusive Sonya Dakar (the grande dame of all facialists) facials and luxurious international products that you cannot find anywhere in Atlanta! Neat right? What sets Entebello apart from the rest? Luxury. Entebello has a luxurious atmosphere, luxurious services, luxurious products, and luxurious Rachelle. She is a true super diva and she knows her stuff. As a matter of fact, she is featured in the upcoming September issue of Peach Magazine as one of the MOST STYLISH Atlantans!
Ladies when you enter Entbello, you instantly feel like you are entering a fabulous french boutique. Check out the decor pictured above. The main area is filled with dozens and dozens of beauty products! How exciting! The great thing about Entebello is that you will find several hard to find product lines including make-up, skin care, bath and body, hair and nail care, fragrances, and fantastic products for men! Some of Entebello’s exclusive lines include Australian make-up line Napoleon Perdis (pictured here); Malie Kauai, a Hawaiian bath and body line featuring essential oils and flowers native to the island of Kauai and Yu-Be, the number 1 selling skin cream in Japan!
Entebello also offers FANTASTIC spa servies for women and men. In my opinion the absolute best service Entebello offers is the Sonya Dakar Facial. As I mentioned above, Entebello is the only spa in Georgia offering Sonya Dakar facials. Too fab! I enjoyed a Sonya Dakar Facial and I felt like I had been transported to a 5 Star Spa in Tahiti. Ladies it is truly an experience and worth every penny. I was relaxed and the facial left my skin super soft and glowing. Everyone I encountered kept commenting on how great my skin looked! I definitely have to work this into my beauty budget! Entebello also offers back facials, eye treatments, Microdermabrasion, mani/pedi services, threading and waxing services, and make-up application. Check out the mani/pedi and lounge areas. I LOVE the blue chairs. Have you seen anything like it in Atlanta?
And as an added BONUS, Entebello has a fabulous Men’s Spa that is separate from the Main Spa and is located on the lower level. This area is fit for a King! Check it out below. Divas what a great way to treat your significant other! The Men’s Spa includes a mani/pedi area with two flat screen TVs! Plus there is a barber station, which also boasts a flat screen. At the barber station your sweetie can get pampered with a haircut, shave, Deluxe Face and Head Shave, or a facial. Im Loving it! The Men’s Spa is a true gem. I love that it is so modern, classy, and masculine! Any testerone filled male would feel comfortable here.
Lastly, Entebello has several summer specials that I must tell you about. So ladies if you want a little Paris in Atlanta grab your wallets and check out Entebello now! Through August 31, 2007 get a free brow makeover with any nail service. On August 10th and 11th, join Entebello for a Summer Skin Event. Entebello will offer customers complimentary makeovers and mini services and if you purchase a $100 Sonya Dakar Fitness Facial or Clear Complexion Facial you will receive a free Sonya Dakar mini kit with 6 products tailored for your skin. Entebello is also featured in Lucky Magazine’s October issue and in the Lucky Breaks section you can find a coupon for 20% off any facial service! Ladies I hope to see you at Entebello soon because I will definitely be there! Check out Entebello’s menu here!
I truly hope your week has started off with a bang! This post is dedicated to Trudy. I know it took a while Trud but I promise it was worth the wait!
Now some of us are fortunate or not so fortunatate to have an ample “chest” (whether naturally or by design). Thus searching for shirts or blouses that fit properly can sometime be a hassle. For example, you purchase a shirt that buttons in the front and because of your fabulous “chest”, the buttons fasten but create that “peek-a-boo” hole in between buttons. Or better yet, you manage to get all the buttons fastened and as you are walking in the mall with a sea of people, the button right in the middle of your chest just pops open. Frustration Frustration. Or you purchase a cotton t-shirt in your size, but because of your “chest” the t-shirt fits in the waist but not your chest or you purchase a t-shirt that fits your “chest” but not your waist! I have personal experience with this issue girls because I have a medium frame but a very large chest! lol! So, through trial and error and lots of research, I have discovered shirts and tricks that eliminate this problem! Check them out!
1. Sophie Hudson and Rebecca and Drew Clothing lines. These two clothing lines were created for women who have the problem I have just described above. Rebecca and Drew is the more expensive line while Sophie Hudson is less expensive. Basically the creators of these lines specialize in the Dress Shirt and Shirt Dress. The creators improved on the Dress Shirt by basing the shirt on three measurements of a woman’s chest: circumfrence, bra-cup size, and height. Their websites are so cool because they have a very handy dandy Trio Measuring Chart so that you can purchase a shirt that is a perfect fit! Bye Bye “peek-a-boo” holes! Check out this short-sleeved shirt from the Sophie Hudson line. It only retails for $39.90. Also they have the cutest Shirt Dresses. This shirtdress comes in black, baby blue, and yellow. They retail for only $69.90. Ladies the Shirt Dress is the latest rage and how neat is it to purchase one that is cute and fits properly too! Fabulous!
2. Jersey fabric shirts. Ladies I just love this fabric. Whether it is silk jersey or matte cotton jersey, it just makes any woman’s shape look fabulous! Jersey has this amazing ability to lightly touch all of your curves without clinging to your body. And I absolutely love the fact that it stretches with your body and it is just so soft and comfortable. I have found that Jersey shirts allow enough room for my “chest” while also allowing me to have a waist. It just hits all the right places beautifully. Check out this cute jersey shirt here from BCBGgirls. You can purchase this shirt online at Overstock.com for only $34.99!
3. Ruched shirts. Ruched shirts are another type of shirt that is flattering to women with a “fuller” chest. I like ruched shirts because you can purchase a shirt that is large enough for your “chest” and side ruching (fabric gathered together) will accent and enhance your waist and allow you to have an hourglass shape. Check out this cute black ruched shirt. It is yours for only $17.00!
4. Belted shirts. My old time favortie trick to creating an award winning fitted shirt is simply fastening a belt around the shirt. You can also use a scarf. I just purchase a shirt that is large enough to cover my “chest” properly, which usually leaves an ample amount of fabric around my waist. I then tie a scarf or a fasten a belt around my waist to create a tailored look. Ladies it is simple and stylish! And it does not matter what size you are: small, medium, large, or extra-large, this look looks good on everybody! Love it!
5. T-shirts with lycra. Lastly, I have learned that t-shirts made with lyrcra fit great on any body type. So for someone who has a larger “chest”, the fabric will stretch to accomodate your chest while also clinging just enough to your waist to create a womanly silhouette. Target’s Mossimo line carries fabulous lyrcra t-shirts in sizes ranging from x-small to x-large in many cool colors; long-sleeved or short-sleeved; or crew-neck or v-neck. You can purchase these t-shirts for the low price of $7.99!
Check out this write up by PoshGlam PR on Luxetips! I am so excited! Please stay tuned for more beauty and fashion tips.
Until next time,
I hope your week has been FANTABULOUS! A new word I created. lol! Well Divas as I stated in my previous post, Luxetips! was invited to cover an uber cool fashion event that took place right here in little ol’ Atlanta on Friday night. Divas it was so fantastic! The event was the Signature Style Swap and Sample Sale for Charity and it took place at Aiko Sushi Restaurant and Lounge. This place is just too chic. The Sushi was SUPERB! It was so fresh. Plus the place is just beautiful! Check it out at aikoatlanta.com. The event definitely had that New York I am so cool and chic vibe. Loved it! There were several designers/vendors there that have the coolest products and I have to share. So sit back and enjoy. And remember to support our independent designers! They are on the rise!!!!
1. Dawn Ramu. Dawn Ramu is a very talented fly diva who has just launched her own clothing line. The dresses are amazing. Very sexy but flirty too. Check out the picture of Dawn to the right modeling her own line. This very hip orange pleated chiffon dress was hand made by Dawn herself. I love the fact that it is a flowing mini dress, but not too short. Perfect. I simply adored the blue ruffled dress with the white ribbon belt. This is something I would definitely wear on a “hot” date with my hubby. The material of this dress is jersey and it felt so nice against my skin.
2. Check out Kimberly of POSHGLAM, LLC. PoshGlam is a full service public relations company that caters to the fashion and beauty industries. Kimberly represents Dawn Ramu and just look at this very sleek and cool “little black dress” designed by Dawn Ramu. Just fab!
Divas please check out Dawn’s designs at www.dawnramu.com or you can visit Veruca Boutique on Juniper to purchase her dresses. Dawn’s pricepoint ranges from $80.00 to $349.00.
3. Our favorite up and coming designer Alicia Garcia of Pekuliar Treasures was there also. Check out these fly tanks! I want to buy all of them. These tanks tops can go from casual to evening with the change of a pair of flips flops into a pair of stilettos. The tanks featured here are $32.00. Not bad for versatility.
4. Soleil Candle Company. Right now I am totally obsessed with Soleil Candle Company. These candles are just too fantastic! All Soleil candles are hand poured soy candles. So essentially they are biodegradable and environmentally friendly. But the absolute best part about these candles are that they smell sooooo good and the scent just lingers and lasts forever. Some of the candles’ scents are Passion Fruit, Cocunut Lemongrass, and Vanilla Grapefruit. I purchased the Vanilla Grapefruit candle and it is by far the best smelling candle I have ever purchased and the scent is just strong enough. My house has this clean citrus warm scent and I am loving it! A 6 ounce candle retails for $12 and an 8 ounce candle retails for $14. In addition, the candles last a long time. You can purchase Soleil Candles at Harry’s Food Market in Marietta; Ruby Jeans Boutique in Smyrna; and Siggers Hairdressers.
5. Twinkle Swimwear. Twinkle is a new swimwear line created by Twinkle Ferraren. Twinkle is an international designer who hand paints her designs for her swimwear collection and has them transferred onto the fabric. So you can have a cool bikini that is also a work of art. How cool is that?? Twinkle’s swimwear has been featured in several national magazines and publications. Her designs are not carried by any particular vendor here in Atlanta YET, but if you are interested in purchasing one of her swimsuits, please visit her website at www.t-w-i-n-k-l-e.com or you can contact PoshGlam for additional purchase information.
Luxetips! has been invited to cover the Signature Style Swap and Sample Sale for Charity hosted By Dawn Ramu. This event takes place tonight at 7:30 pm at Aiko Lounge. This event is just so fantastic! All Divas are invited to bring 3-5 gently used clothing items you no longer want or wear and swap them for something equally fantastic and of equal value! What a concept! In addition, several boutiques and designers will be there to sale their items. They are Pekuliar Treasures, Dawn Ramu, Tracey Nicole and more. Check out the flier to the right. Admission is only $10.00 and a portion of the proceeds go to Charity! Wow! I would love to see you Divas there!
I hope your week has been a blast! I went to the most fantastic event Tuesday night that I just must share. A new hot designer invited me to an independent designer trunk show at Vino Libro. Vino Libro is located in the new Glenwood Park community in East Atlanta and is just so fantastic. But I will save my fascination with Vino Libro and the owner Melanie Wilson for another post. Back to the hot new designer. Alicia Garcia, designer and owner of Pekuliar Treasures, designs one of kind pieces that are beautiful, feminine, and comfortable. Alicia takes vintage pieces and deconstructs them or reconstructs them into one of a kind fantastic pieces. Check out this orange blouse modeled here by designer and organizer of the indepedent artist trunk show, Brenda Hall of Bee So Chic. Apparently this blouse was once part of a dress in which Alicia actually designed two unique blouses. I purchased the other top, which is equally awesome as this one, but is its own unique style!
In addition, Alicia designs funky practical tank tops that any woman can wear. Alicia stated that she designs these tank tops with the woman on the go in mind. This woman is a mom, wife, professional, handywoman, etc.!! They are easy to wear, comfortable and most importantly pretty! Check out model Brenda in this black and white tank. Too cute! Plus Alicia said that you can actually remove the lace bow on this shirt and throw it in the washer machine. How clever!
Alicia, pictured here in one of her gorgeous tanks is EVERY WOMAN! Not only is she a designer and a fabulous MOCHA MOM of two, she is also a professional chef and event planner. Whew! You go girl! And the ABSOLUTE best thing about Alicia’s designs are the price. All one of a kind tanks range from $18-$30; blouses are $35 (can you imagine just look at that orange blouse!) and dresses are $60.00. So you can have a one of a kind designer item for a tiny fraction of the cost you would pay in a boutique. Fabulous!
Please check out Alicia’s website at www.pekuliartreasures.com. Lets support our new and upcoming designers!
I hope your Fourth of July holiday was awesome! Mine was so peaceful. I just relaxed. I did not do one thing. It was great! Over the holiday, my beautiful baby sister asked me “how do you keep your eyeshadow from creasing or fading away before the day ends?” And of course I had the perfect answer! Creasing or fading eyeshadow is a common problem for women who wear eyeshadow. Of course from my experience, there are a select few eyeshadows that simply do not crease or fade. They are Nars and Mac brand eyeshadows. The colors in both of these lines are very rich and both boast long wearing crease resistant formulas. And I must say that they do live up to the promise! Other than that, there are tons of great eyeshadows that will stay, stay, stay with just a little help. Here are my top two suggestions to increase the wear of your eyeshadow:
1. Base your lids with foundation. I simply sweep my eyelids with a powder foundation and then apply eyeshadow. This method works with most eyeshadows. However, if this does not work, try using a cream based foundation and then apply a little powder foundation. Apply eyeshadow and your eyeshadow will definitely last all day and/or night!
2. Apply an eye moisturizer/eye cream. This is another simple way to ensure your eyeshadow has staying power! I recommend that all Divas use eye cream as opposed to regular moisturizer around the eye area because the area around the eye is more sensitive and delicate than your face. Eye creams are specially formulated to deal with this sensitive area. Moisturizer is an excellent base for any type of make-up. Dry skin just does not allow make-up to properly adhere to the skin. I personally like Oil of Olay’s Age Defying Eye Gel. It is a non-greasy gel that also reduces fine lines and wrinkles. This product retails for $9.99. I simply love Kiehl’s Light Nourishing eye cream. It is light and non-greasy and perfectly moisturizes the eye area. You can purchase this product for $20.00. Lastly, for those of you who have sensitive eyes or wear contacts, Kiehl’s also carries Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. This product is Ophthalmologist and Dermatologist-Tested. This eye cream is very creamy. It is simply luxurious!
Until next time!
p.s. I just want to give a shout out to the Beautiful Divas of Mocha Moms! Thanks for your support!