Remember pain is temporary.
There are two things that I love: Spring and Stuart Weitzman shoes.
Stuart Weitzman has debuted their Spring line of gorgeous shoes and I have found the perfect shoe for luxe brunches, events or just because.
The Stuart Weitzman Peekabow pump is made from embossed leather, has four inch heels and the cutest little peek a boo bow. Love, love, love.
This shoe is classic but still makes a statement with the details. It comes in a beautiful gold or a pristine white. It is a must for my wardrobe as it can be worn with pretty much anything. Luxe!
The Stuart Weitzman Peekabow Pump retails for $425.00 and can be purchased online here or at any Stuart Weitzman retailer.
Live the life you want.
I am so excited to share that Wild Heaven Beer has announced plans for a second brewery and taproom location at the Lee + White development in Atlanta adjacent to the Beltline’s Westside Trail. The freestanding building, including over 21,000 square feet of space with room for expansion, includes a large area overlooking the Atlanta Beltline perfect for patrons to enjoy being outdoors while sipping beer and nibbling food made onsite. Wowza!
If you don’t know, Wild Have Beer, is Georgia brewery that is a beer lover’s favorite on the Eastside. Wild Haven Beers are designed in the great tradition of European brewing but with a distinctly American creative flair. Their all-grain, no adjunct-sugar philosophy creates bigger flavor without excess alcohol.
Wild Heaven aims to be one of America’s great breweries as well as helping raise the profile of beer in the south. Their beers are available throughout Georgia and Eastern Tennessee. Wild Heaven’s year-round portfolio includes Emergency Drinking Beer, Wise Blood IPA, White Blackbird Belgian-style Saison, Invocation Belgian-style Golden Ale and Ode To Mercy Nitro Coffee Brown Ale.
If you’ve been following LuxeTips for the long haul (that’s been 10 years and what a blessing), and if you know anything about the Chameleon, then you know I’m a sucker for a sheath dress. Despite the natural Mohawk I rock, I have a classic style and I love the myriad ways you can wear a sheath (with a coat, cardigan, belted scarf, sleeveless vest, turtleneck, with thigh boots or Louboutin’s … you name it). The sheath has a figure- flattering shape that screams power and sex all in one without being overtly feminine or crass. It should be a part of every woman’s capsule wardrobe. Period.
Now, if you’re a BMJ (Being Mary Jane) fan like me then you know that Gabrielle Union rocks a sheath dress like no other. Gaby’s sheath dresses are tailored to fit her well-maintained figure and are updated with texture, cutouts and color. She finds numerous ways to enjoy classic lines without being boring or too “corporate.” Gaby seriously has the lockdown on the sheath dress.
On my last visit to Escada, I found the perfect dress with small flutter sleeves in an eye-catching turquoise that screamed “Gaby’s power dress”, “Spring”, “Easter”,” after-five”, and “buy me” all at once. Now, before you get your panties in a bunch over the price, because the sheath is a classic shape you can find them at all price points. Here’s the beautiful Dress Deluna sheath from Escada .
Until next week,
Dress Deluna in Pool, $825.00 at Escada
You only have one life to live, so live the one you want. Not the one you think you want or the one that other people tell you is right!
I love Lincoln Motor Company because it embodies luxury, class and style. One of my favorite Lincoln products is Lincoln Black Label. Lincoln Black Label provides customers with the ultimate in tailored and custom design and luxury.
The Lincoln Motor Company offers a collection of tailored design themes to match your swag and make your Lincoln truly stand out, such as Rhapsody Blue, available on the Lincoln Continental Black Label theme.
This theme is truly stylish and super fab! Check it out!
Love, love, love!
“The materials are purposely arranged to flow like water: Glossier materials highlight the upper portion of the interior, while more lush touch points are lower, down to the softer, thicker carpet. Supple leather, rich Alcantara® sueded cloth, mesh and shearling combine to create an exceptionally diverse tactile experience.”
The Lincoln Continental Black Label-Rahpsody Blue, starts at $63,000.00.
I had the opportunity to visit the Escada store in Lenox Mall this past week and had special treatment from the store’s assistant manager who also happens to be one of my favorite fashionistas, Jocelin Drake-Houston. Jocelin has a unique flair and killer eye for styling people of varying body types and within any budget. She picked out some numbers for me based on the spring trends and we also discussed Escada’s history and fall lines.
So, what are this season’s trends? Last week, I shared you the statement sleeve trend. Jocelin told me that 80’s and 90’s retro, pants suits, and palazzo pants are where it’s at this spring. She also mentioned florals are big, particularly hand-painted florals. Hand-painted leather, generally, is a big trend.
I must say, with my body type, I am not feeling the oversize pants and pants suits, but I am always for an over-sized clutch. And of course, my radar went off upon entering the store when my eye immediately ran across this over- sized hand-painted clutch. It is equal parts modern and chic- a basic black with delicate white bamboo strategically placed on the clutch unlike other.
Know your worth and don’t accept anything less!
You Divas know how much I love Greece! I have been there twice and can’t wait to get back again! Love it!
One of the most beautiful islands in Greece is Myknonos. It is a must destination and here are 9 fabulous things to do once you get to this beautiful location.
Imagine aqua blue waters lapping gently against white sandy beaches. Imagine a tropical drink in your hand, toes in the sand and live music tempting you to dance. Welcome to Mykonos, Greece.
Named after the grandson of Apollo, Mykonos is in the middle of the Cyclades. In Greek mythology, the island was formed from the bodies of giants killed by Hercules. Mykonos is a favourite vacation spot for everyone from the rich and famous to the family-oriented since there is something to do no matter what your interests.
Whether you’ve already bought your ticket or are just beginning to plan, here are 9 fun things to do in Mykonos, Greece.
1) Familiarise yourself with the history and culture of Greece by visiting the Archaeological, Folklore or Maritime Museums. If you prefer art instead of archaeology, then try the Rarity Art Gallery. Both residents and tourists give it rave reviews for its accessible art pieces.
2) Visit the town of Alefkantra, or “Little Venice,” to see the beautiful mansions that make up the neighbourhood. Many of the historic homes have been turned into restaurants and shops so you can enjoy the buildings from the inside out. As you walk along the streets looking at the houses you can also see the windmills on the hillside above the town. If you want a closer look you can hike up to them or take a bus.
3) Stroll down the elegant Matoyanni Street in the middle of Hora, the island’s main town. You can do some window-shopping, pick out a few gifts and then stop at a café, all while people watching to see if someone famous walks past you. This is the premier spot to shop.
4) In the town of Ano Mera is Panagia Tourliani, a historic monastery from the sixteenth century. It has beautiful woodcarvings and a marble bell tower. It is only open by appointment so you must plan your visit in advance. While others may tell you about Panayia Paraportiani, visiting Panagia Tourliani makes for a unique vacation memory.
5) Prefer an activity with more excitement that will get your blood pumping? Try a water sport. With constant winds, Mykonos is great for windsurfing. If you’re new to the sport, there are lessons offered at any number of beaches. There are also a variety of surf spots and diving opportunities on the island.
6) There is no shortage of quality restaurants and enjoying regional cuisine is easy. You will probably see kopanisti, a peppery soft cheese, on the menu. Ordering the cheese is a delicious way to enjoy the culture of Mykonos, since it is one of the island’s trademark foods.
7) After a large meal, you’ll probably want to take a nap on a quiet beach somewhere. If that’s your goal, then try the northern coast of the island. With Ayia Anna, Houlakia, Kapari, Agrari, and Ayios Stefanos beach to choose from, you’ll be sure to find one you like.
8) Take a short day trip to the ancient, sacred island of Delos. A quick boat trip will take you to the deserted island. It has fantastic archaeological features and according to mythology, it is the birthplace of Apollo and Artemis. And if you have the time there is a hike that will give you a breath-taking view of the island.
9) The sun may set but the day is not done because you are ready to experience the famous nightlife on the island. Dancing on the beach after having dinner and drinks is especially fun in Paraga on the southern tip of Mykonos. There are a number of restaurants with bars on the beach and live music at night.
If you’re heading to the island, make sure you tick off just a few of the above activities. You won’t regret it!
P.U.S.H- Pray Until Something Happens.
The new 2018 Range Rover Velar debuted at The Geneva Motor Show and it is super fab!
The Velar has a new sleek design but still retains some of the boxy design of the traditional Range Rover. The interior design is super fancy too. The new Velar has a Head-Up Display and two 10” high-definition touch screens. It also has individual sliding armrests and configurable mood lighting. Of course premium butta leather seats are included in addition to lots of room to easily fit 5 people.
Jaguar Land Rover does technology like no other and the new Velar does not disappoint. First there is the Touch Pro Duo, Velar’s new standard dual touchscreen system. This system allows the user to simultaneously view and interact with multiple features at once. For instance, you can use the navigation system in the upper screen while playing media on the lower screen.
Another cool tech feature is the Incontrol Remote system. This system is a multi-function app that allows you to monitor, through vehicle status, as well as interact with the New Range Rover Velar from your smartphone or smart watch. Through the app, remotely start the engine to precondition the climate; lock and unlock the vehicle; locate your Range Rover Velar on a map or by using the beep and flash function; and track your journeys.
Lastly, the Velar’s Performance is everything and beyond what you would expect from Land Rover. With Adaptive Dynamics, the Velar delivers a flat ride and optimum control by monitoring body and steering movements up to 500 times a second. It reacts to driver and road inputs by offering continuously variable damper settings between soft and firm extremes. In addition, the vehicle has 247 horsepower, 269 torque and can go from 0-60 in 6.4 seconds.
The new Range Rover Velar retails at $49,000 and is available now.
Love always wins!
It is that time of year when my fav luxe department store, Nordstrom, has its annual Spring Beauty Trends Event!
Now through May 27th, you can visit Nordstrom and receive one-on-one time with renowned beauty experts who will teach you how to achieve the freshest New York Fashion Week runway-inspired looks with products specific to you. Plus, you’ll get free samples and exclusive gifts with your purchases (while supplies last)! So fab!
I attend this event every year and stock up on my favorite parfum, make-up and the best part is that I get tons of samples! Love it!
You can RSVP by visiting a store or calling to make an appointment for your personal make-up session.
I know we all get bogged down with everyday life, but one of my new goals is to never put off tomorrow what can be achieved today. Let’s be doers, make things happen and live out our dreams!
We are shaking things up a bit on www.luxetipsmag.com and we are going to feature a luxe beauty product I am currently loving every week. Yeah!
The beauty product I am obsessed with this week is E.L.F Cosmetics Blemish Control Face Primer. This primer is infused with Salicylic Acid, Vitamin E, and Tea Tree extract to help control breakouts and blemishes while preparing your skin so makeup will go on evenly with a long-lasting satin finish.
I have been using this product for a few months and I simply adore it! Not only does it create the perfect canvas for make-up application, it is also…
- An amazing moisturizer
- It doesn’t break out my sensitive skin
- And it is only $6 for a half an ounce bottle!
Plus a little goes a long way. I put it on in the morning and it gives me a flawless finish all day. So fab!
You can find E.L.F. Cosmetics at any Target or CVS.
Love always wins!
Valentine’s Day is around the corner and it’s time to get your V-day gifts ordered and purchased!
Divas always have a hard time trying to figure out what to get their love for Valentine’s Day. Let’s face it: Valentine’s Day is a holiday gears towards women, so the options for men tend to be a bit scarce.
Well I have found some great pampering products for him that I am sure your boo will love! It’s A 10 Haircare.
It’s A 10 Haircare has fabulous grooming and styling products for him that will have your honey looking his best on Valentine’s Day.
Check them out!
His triple threat: Miracle 3-IN-1 Shampoo, Conditioner and Body Wash ($17, ulta.com)
- A classic multi-purpose product that cleanses & moisturizes both hair and body with a subtle, clean scent
His Versatile Styling Agent: Miracle Pliable Paste ($17, ulta.com)
- Glides easily through hair with zero sticky residue
- Microcrystalline wax delivers pliable texture with clean, flexible hold
His Get-It-Together Gel: Miracle Defining Gel ($17, ulta.com)
- All day customizable hold without the flakes
- Provides extra staying power for sleek, structured styles
All Its A 10 Haircare products are under $20 and can be purchased at Ulta.com.