As we fight through the crowds and hustle and bustle of this Holiday Season, remember this is the Season to be thankful, spend time with loved ones, and bless someone.
The Winner of the Stella and Dot “The Switch” Tote is KimmieD! Congrats!
Please contact me within 24 hours to receive your prize or the bag will go to the Runner up.
Our next giveaway is courtesy of Mixed Chicks Hair Care. I am in love with these products. They are perfect for Divas with naturally curly hair.
We are giving away the Ultimate Mixed Chicks Hair Care Goodie Bag. The Winner will receive full sized Mixed Chicks box set, straightening serum, and spring bands (I use the spring bands on luxe baby’s hair and they do not pull the hair at all. Love them!)
I personally use these products on Luxe Baby’s hair and they are fab!
To enter simply leave a comment on this blog and a winner will be chosen tomorrow!
Sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind and just take a chance.
Today we are kicking off our daily giveaways from our Best of 2013 list. I am so excited and I hope you Divas are ready to win some fabulous items!
First up, we are giving away this gorgeous and highly functional Stella and Dot “The Switch” All Natural Snakeskin bag. I have this bag and it is fabulous! It is roomy, has lots of compartments, and people love it!
So you know the drill. Simply leave a comment on this post and I will randomly pick a winner by tomorrow 8 am.
Don’t ever settle for less than what you deserve. You deserve the best!
It is the holidays! And I am finally getting into the Holiday spirit. And to kick off the Holiday giving season, (stay tuned for my 12 Days of Luxetips Before Christmas Giveaways), Famous Footwear is giving all Luxetips Readers an extra 20% off coupon for all of your Famous Footwear purchases from now until Christmas Day. Whoohoo!
Simply click here to get the coupon. If you are making purchases online, use code SNOW20
Happy Shopping Divas!
Life is beautiful. Enjoy it!
I love companies that support and give back! It is so luxe! The Ford Motor Company
does a great job of giving back through various causes. One cause that Ford supports is fostering education at Historically Black Colleges and Universities. Supporting HBCUs is near and dear to my heart because I am a proud alumnus of a HBCU.
Ford sponsored a Ford HBCU Community Challenge Competition that required teams from several HBCUs to submit proposals to build a sustainable community. The teams presented their presentations at Ford headquarters last week and Huston-Tillotson University, located in Austin, Texas, was named winner of the Ford HBCU Community Challenge Competition. The student project, in partnership with Blackshear Elementary School, is focused on transforming a 33-square-foot dumpster into a fully functioning home complete with running water, toilet, shower, bed and solar-generated electricity. The project aims to promote living practices that encourage sustainability. Fabulous!
The winner took home the top prize of over $75,000 in scholarships, university and community grants.
Here is a pic of the winners!
Tis is the Season for giving. Bless someone with in need this holiday season.
I am really excited because it is that time of the year again to spread holiday cheer. Yeah!
For my Luxetips Diva loyalists, you know the deal. I will list my top 12 products that wowed me this year and within the next 12 days before Christmas, we will give away some or all of the products each day. This is a great way to get a treat for yourself or a loved one.
So without further ado, here is my Best of 2013 List!
1. Mixed Chicks hair care. Mixed chicks was a surprise favorite product of mine this year. Before this year, I had never used the products on luxe baby’s hair, but it is perfect. It defines curls while not leaving a sticking residue. Love it.
2. Stella & Dot “The Switch” All Natural Snakeskin bag. I love this bag! It is fashionable and roomy with lots of pockets. Every time I wear it, people have to know where I got it. This bag is so sturdy. I can pack it nearly full and not have to worry about it breaking or tearing. Best buy of 2013.
3. Beyond Extensions Hair Accessory. This product is beyond words. I mean you get long flowing locks within a minute. It is my best discovery of 2013. You simply place the hair piece in your head via an invisible wire and viola! Beyonce locks! Love, love, love.
4. ESQ ONE/MOVADO watches. These watches are a colorful, cool, fashionable and fun line of Movado/ESQ watches. It features a soft silicone strap with a unique logo-button keeper. Of course, it is Swiss quartz precise and water resistant to 10 ATM. So I can wear it at the beach in the Ocean! I love this watch and it is a conversation starter. It is a perfect gift for a woman or man.
5. Smashbox Cosmetics. Smashbox Cosmetics Smokebox II eyeshadow palette has been my go to product all year. I also have other Smashbox Cosmetics palettes but I just love how rich the colors are and more importantly they last all day. I know for sure a good 12 hours. It is by far the best eyeshadow I have used. Divas it is a must!
6. L’Occitane Shea Butter Collection. An oldie but goodie. I know I always include L’Occitane products on the list, but they never disappoint. I have fell in love with their skincare, of course the hand cream and their shea butter body butter collection. Every product is super nourishing to the skin.
7. Lancôme Holiday. Lancôme never disappoints with great products for the holidays. I especially love the Rouge Etincelle, a universally fabulous red lipstick encased in luxe Swarovski Crystal tube. Swoon!
8. Bloomingdales Beauty Department. Over the past year, I have become very intrigued with the Bloomingdales Beauty Department. It is always orderly, the salespersons are very helpful, and they have products that other department stores do not offer. Every time I visit the beauty department I discover something new.
9. Orico London Organic Skincare. This organic all-natural skincare line is great for your skin while also offering aromatherapy benefits. I particularly love this line because it does not cause breakouts to my very sensitive skin. My favorite item from this line is the Streetwise Day Cream which is a very light but a moisturizing moisturizer that leaves your skin glowing.
10. Bobo House Classic French Fashion. Of course I love all things French since my trip to Paris last year. This year I was introduced to Bobo House, which is line that marries classic french style with an L.A. vibe. It is tres chic! I love the tees and sweatshirts with the cutest French phrases. What is there not to love??
11. Mischo Beauty Nail Lacquer. I love it when blogger buddies make it big and Kitiya of Mischo Beauty has made her mark on the beauty world. If you don’t know, Mischo is a chemist, hairstylist, esthetician, and manicurist. She combined all of her education, training, smarts and beauty and created Mischo Beauty nail lacquer. The colors are gorgeous; it is 5 toxin free, and the packaging is insane. I see this nail lacquer in Neiman Marcus soon! Much love and congrats to Mischo!
12. Bow Pumps by Aminah Abdul Lillili. Because they are simply beautiful and the most interesting shoes I have seen in a while. And I want them.
So stay tuned Divas! Be sure to check the site each day until December 24 for a chance to win something luxe!
It takes courage to overcome fear. Once you conquer fear, you become stronger with each defeat!
I have a weakness for luxe bath and beauty products at luxe hotels. I collect them and use them when I am traveling. Luxe properties tend to offer the very best in bath and beauty amenities. The shower gels are luxurious, body lotions are sublime, and all have the finest ingredients.
Well Marriott Hotels recently launched a new luxe organic bath and beauty amenity line for it’s properties in The Americas and Asia. Marriott Hotels teamed with Thann, a natural Thai skincare line, to offer guests of Marriott properties the ultimate experience in high-end bath and beauty products during their stay.
Marriott guests were introduced to THANN’s Aromatic Wood Collection – a line that balances Nutmeg essential oil with the sweetness of Orange and Tangerine essential oils.
Marriott Hotels was gracious to send me a sample of the collection and of course I love it! What I love most about the products is that they smell amazing because I am a sucker for citrus scents and they have an ability to uplift my mood. But more importantly, I love that the products are organic and made from raw materials. So my super sensitive skin has not experienced any breakouts since I begin using the products. Win Win!
The line features:
Aromatherapy Shampoo (8.45 fl. oz.) – $26.00
Aromatherapy Conditioner (8.45 fl. oz.) – $26.00
Body Lotion (11.15 fl. oz.) – $36.00
Aromatherapy Shower Gel ( 11.15 fl. oz.) – $29.00
Rice Bran Oil Soap Bar (3.5 oz.) – TBD
Aromatherapy Hand Wash (8.45 fl. oz.) – $19.00
My favorite product is the Orange and Tangerine Hand Wash. OMG…this hand soap is by far the most luxurious hand soap I have ever used. It smells delicious and it is super moisturizing. My hands feel like pure silk after every use. And because consumers will be able to purchase any of these fabulous products online at www.shopmarriott.com in early 2014, I am buying this hand soap for my home. Love it!
Just know that you can always fight your way back from failure. So don’t ever give up!
The Ford Motor Company recently debuted the all new 2015 Mustang. The new 2015 Mustang’s design gives tribute to 50 years of the Iconic vehicle’s power, performance, and style.
This is a gorgeous car!
The new Mustang has some pretty cool features for the Mustang enthusiasts and for those who may be new to the brand.
Check out some of my favorites:
- A lower, wider stance with a reduction in roof height, and wider rear fenders and track
- The return of Mustang fastback with a sleeker profile enabled by more steeply sloped windshield and rear glass
- Three-dimensional, tri-bar taillamps with sequential turn signals
- Contemporary execution of the signature shark-bite front fascia and trapezoidal grille
- 305 horsepower and 300 lb.-ft of torque. Whoa!
But the most exciting new development with the new Mustang is that is gives consumers 3 engine options that fit the consumer’s lifestyle.
Buyers can choose from a 5.0-liter V8, a 3.7-liter V6 and an all-new fuel-efficient 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine. A fast sports car with a fuel efficient engine? Now that is something I can support. I love it!
The new 2015 Mustang will be available for purchase in late 2014.
Live a life of no regret!
Now that the Holidays are upon us, it is now time to look into travel deals for Holiday travel. For those traveling to Chicago this Holiday season, The James Chicago Hotel is offering a luxury hotel package that includes a discounted rate, a shopping gift certificate to The Shops at North Bridge and dining perks. Nice.
Check it out:
This package includes:
§ 10% off the best available rate. Rates start at $165.
§ $50 Gift Certificate to The Shops at North Bridge (one per booking)
§ The Shops at North Bridge Shopping & Dining Rewards Program booklet featuring special offers and promotions from retailers and restaurants including Kiehl’s, Nordstrom, Lucky Brand Jeans, Papyrus, Sephora, Vosges Haut-Chocolate, Weber Grill and more!
Life is beautiful!
My favorite luxe beauty brand, Lancôme, has two fabulously packaged beauty products to kick off the Holiday Season.
Rouge Etincelle, an exquisite reissue of a 1955 heritage lipstick. This is a universally fabulous red lipstick encased in luxe Swarovski Crystal tube. I would so keep this tube forever! It is available exclusively at Lancome.com while supplies last.
Lancôme’s La Vie est Belle, which contains notes of iris, patchouli an gourmand blend also has a limited edition holiday glitter bottle. Gorgeous! La Vie est Belle Glitter is available at Lancôme counters nationwide and www.lancome.com.
These both are keepsakes Divas! So if you want to grab something special for yourself or another luxe Diva this Holiday, these two products are a must!
Life can sometimes be short and fleeting. So always forgive, make amends, tell someone you love them, and just walk in love.
My favorite Southeast Formula One race track, Atlanta Motorsports Park, is currently promoting some pretty cool gift specials for the Holidays. Per my previous post on Atlanta Motorsports Park, the park is a great exciting and fun way to spend a day…especially if you like fast beautiful cars like me. In addition, Atlanta Motorsports Park has something for the entire family. They are go-carts for kids, a playground, lunch, and of course racing fast cars for Dad and Mom!
Check it out:
The Ultimate AMP Experience
Holiday Package Includes The Following:
Full-Day At The Atlanta Motorsports Park With Your Car
On-Site Catered Breakfast, Gourmet Lunch and Refreshments
Private Instructor For A Full-Day On The Track
Premium High-Octane “Racing” Fuel
Photo/Video Package Capturing The Day’s Activities
Monogrammed Custom-Fit Helmet And Suit
The Holiday Package Is Available For Purchase For $1,695
* Available To Redeem Through June 30th, 2014
Looking For A Gift The Entire Family Can Enjoy?
There Are A Variety Of State-Of-The-Art Activities Available At Atlanta Motorsports Park For All Ages, As Both Adults And Children Are Permitted On The Karting Circuits. Karts Are Available For All-Levels Of Drivers, Providing A Variety Of Rental Options And A Separate Track Available On-Site.
Purchase A Karting Package Featuring 3 Sessions/Person For Only $65
Must Be 12 Years Of Age And Up. Package Applies To “C” Track Only
Packages Available For Purchase Until December 24th, 2013