Fun Fridays! How to Prepare for a day on the Beach!
It is Memorial Day Weekend! Whoohoo! Time for barbecues, shorts, and the beach! Whatever you do this weekend be safe but have a blast!
Now one of my favorite places in the world is the beach. Half of my dad’s family is from Melbourne, FL so I have been going to beach since I was 5 years old. Love it! I know many of you Divas will visit a beach this weekend. So I have come up with some “beach beauty” tips to keep you looking fabulous while protecting your skin from the sun! Check them out!
1. In order to achieve a gorgeous tan, you must prepare your skin. I have said this before, I have a medium-dark skintone, but I love to get a tan. Why? Because my skin looks so luminous when I get a tan. So I always use a good sugar scrub and loofah to exfoliate my skin before going to the beach. Exfoliation will remove dead skin and your skin will tan much easier and even. The Body Shop has the best sugar scrubs for your body. They exfoliate but are super hydrating. Love them!
2. Next, make sure you have a very very good sunscreen. You need one for your body and one for you face. In addition, my philosophy is the more SPF the better. For the body and face, try Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 100. I know…100! It is non-greasy, so it won’t clog your pores. Plus it is lightweight, sweatproof, and waterproof! It retails for only $12.
3. Make sure to wear big sunnies to shield your eyes from the sun. Make sure your sunnies have 100% UAV/UAB protection. Of course they have to be big and fabulous! I have been eyeing these Chanel Pearl Shades for the past month. I need them.
4. Get a pedicure before going to the beach. Remember, your toes will be on display for the world to see!
5. Also have tons of water…laying out in the sun can cause dehydration. Keep yourself hydrated!
6. Lastly, have a fabulous swimsuit. I am saving my money to buy a Shoshanna swimsuit. I am slim but heavy chested. So I always have a problem finding a bikini that fits. Shoshanna suits are great for heavy chested girls like me, (they offer lots of support) and they are stylish and adorable. This is my pick! So cute!