Is Atlanta the Fashion Capital of the South??
I hope your week has been FANTABULOUS! A new word I created. lol! Well Divas as I stated in my previous post, Luxetips! was invited to cover an uber cool fashion event that took place right here in little ol’ Atlanta on Friday night. Divas it was so fantastic! The event was the Signature Style Swap and Sample Sale for Charity and it took place at Aiko Sushi Restaurant and Lounge. This place is just too chic. The Sushi was SUPERB! It was so fresh. Plus the place is just beautiful! Check it out at aikoatlanta.com. The event definitely had that New York I am so cool and chic vibe. Loved it! There were several designers/vendors there that have the coolest products and I have to share. So sit back and enjoy. And remember to support our independent designers! They are on the rise!!!!
1. Dawn Ramu. Dawn Ramu is a very talented fly diva who has just launched her own clothing line. The dresses are amazing. Very sexy but flirty too. Check out the picture of Dawn to the right modeling her own line. This very hip orange pleated chiffon dress was hand made by Dawn herself. I love the fact that it is a flowing mini dress, but not too short. Perfect. I simply adored the blue ruffled dress with the white ribbon belt. This is something I would definitely wear on a “hot” date with my hubby. The material of this dress is jersey and it felt so nice against my skin.
2. Check out Kimberly of POSHGLAM, LLC. PoshGlam is a full service public relations company that caters to the fashion and beauty industries. Kimberly represents Dawn Ramu and just look at this very sleek and cool “little black dress” designed by Dawn Ramu. Just fab!
Divas please check out Dawn’s designs at www.dawnramu.com or you can visit Veruca Boutique on Juniper to purchase her dresses. Dawn’s pricepoint ranges from $80.00 to $349.00.
3. Our favorite up and coming designer Alicia Garcia of Pekuliar Treasures was there also. Check out these fly tanks! I want to buy all of them. These tanks tops can go from casual to evening with the change of a pair of flips flops into a pair of stilettos. The tanks featured here are $32.00. Not bad for versatility.
4. Soleil Candle Company. Right now I am totally obsessed with Soleil Candle Company. These candles are just too fantastic! All Soleil candles are hand poured soy candles. So essentially they are biodegradable and environmentally friendly. But the absolute best part about these candles are that they smell sooooo good and the scent just lingers and lasts forever. Some of the candles’ scents are Passion Fruit, Cocunut Lemongrass, and Vanilla Grapefruit. I purchased the Vanilla Grapefruit candle and it is by far the best smelling candle I have ever purchased and the scent is just strong enough. My house has this clean citrus warm scent and I am loving it! A 6 ounce candle retails for $12 and an 8 ounce candle retails for $14. In addition, the candles last a long time. You can purchase Soleil Candles at Harry’s Food Market in Marietta; Ruby Jeans Boutique in Smyrna; and Siggers Hairdressers.
5. Twinkle Swimwear. Twinkle is a new swimwear line created by Twinkle Ferraren. Twinkle is an international designer who hand paints her designs for her swimwear collection and has them transferred onto the fabric. So you can have a cool bikini that is also a work of art. How cool is that?? Twinkle’s swimwear has been featured in several national magazines and publications. Her designs are not carried by any particular vendor here in Atlanta YET, but if you are interested in purchasing one of her swimsuits, please visit her website at www.t-w-i-n-k-l-e.com or you can contact PoshGlam for additional purchase information.