Luxe travel: How to pack for a quick weekend getaway!
I hope all is wonderful in your world. I am doing fantastic! Well this weekend, I was scheduled to take a quick weekend trip to New Orleans with my sister. But it was derailed. First she had drama with her rental. But we obtained a car and alas my nephew broke his leg in 3 places playing tackle football with his friends. Go figure. This trip was just not meant to be. Hey, we can always go another weekend. But I did pack my little weekend bag for this trip. My rule is to “travel light and still live the luxe life!” This means I only take one carry-on or one bag regardless of where I am going. How do I do it? Well take a look:
1. I always pack several dresses when taking a trip. I love dresses that are made of wrinkle free material like jersey and some polyester blends. Plus dresses are so easy to pack. You can simply roll them up very tightly…they take up minimal space. I purchased this wrap dress and shift dress from Target on sale! Love Target!
2. My next rule is to always pack a pair of jeans and/or slacks..depending on the nature of the trip. It may rain or be a little chilly. So jeans are a must! I packed my favorite Hudson Jeans. I love Hudson Jeans…I tell ya they are so comfortable you can sleep in them.
3. I love to pack a crisp white shirt. I can wear it with jeans, slacks or shorts. In addition, I also pack a nice casual shirt for sight seeing or for casual events. I love love my Ralph Lauren pink fitted polo shirt for casual events.
4. One pair of shorts is a must also. I love these green Bermuda shorts I purchased from Old Navy. I can dress these up or down.
5. Shoes and Accessories. I pack 2-3 pairs of shoes that can go with a multitude of outfits. As you can see my bronze pumps, brown pumps, or gold flats can go with any outfit. If I am going out, I can wear the pumps or if I want to wear flats the sandles are cute enough to wear to a restaurant or simply walking. Also my gold belt (so cute!) can be worn with my jeans, shorts, or dress.
6. Jewelry. Once again, I choose jewelry can that can compliment a multitude of outfits. As you can see, neutral but funky jewelry is the way to go! The orange necklace is great for a nice punch of color!
7. Beauty Products. I only take the essentials. These are the products I am currently using: Lancome Genefique Serum, Lumene Day Cream with SPF 15, Clean and Clear Astringent, Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser, Dior HydraAction Eyecream with SPF 20, RX for Brown Skin Naturally Flawless Skin Brightener (for hyperpigmentation), Johnson’s Body Care Be Radiant Cocoa & Shea Butter Lotion.
8. I also minimize all of my beauty products and place them in these 4 oz. containers. You can purchase these from CVS.
9. I only take essential make-up to save space. The Lancome Eye Palette in Safari Escapade (has 4 neutral but hot colors that will compliment any look), Lancome Defencils Mascara, MAC lipglass in Spite (great neutral), Black Opal stick foundation in Hazlenut, Milani lip pencil in Dark Coffee , Lancome Kajal Eye Pencil in Gold Blaze, Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets, Revlon lip palette in Honey Bunch, Nars Blush in Lovejoy and makeup-brushes. All of my make-up has to fit inside my small compact Helena Rubenstein make up case. It fits perfectly in my handbag.
As you can see, I pack at least 2 outfits per day. I have a total of 5 oufits that are interchangeable and that will be appropriate for any occasion! Truly fabulous.
I also filmed a short video on how to actually pack your weekend bag with these items. Check back tomorrow to see the actual video!